Newbie in Charlottesville

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi everyone...I have recently moved here from the Adirondacks where I had a seven acre natural pond. I bought this house because it had a 19,000 gallon koi pond (I cannot live without wildlife or water). I never realized the challenges of a built pond..It has been a frustrating but gratifying experience. I am so happy to have found this forum.

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and sure hope you enjoy it here and is it a natural pond or does it have pumps .Love to see pics of it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome and sure hope you enjoy it here and is it a natural pond or does it have pumps .Love to see pics of it
Thank you Sissy...No, it is not a natural pond. I have two spillways and two skimmers....I will post pics when the reconstruction is done...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Lots of work to always do when you move and seems like there is no ending to it .I retired here from NJ in 2004 and still have not gotten caught up ;):)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lots of work to always do when you move and seems like there is no ending to it .I retired here from NJ in 2004 and still have not gotten caught up ;):)
Well it keeps me busy, that's for sure!

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum of pond lovers!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry I missed your introduction...welcome! Your new location is certainly warmer than your last home.
Glad to have you on board.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
why wait to show photos after its finished . have seen many many a post on this site " hired a professional only to have a leak and orr it looks like this what do you think ..... Many here have built all kinds of crazy projects and can advice if they see an issue in the progress photos
Welcome

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry I missed your introduction...welcome! Your new location is certainly warmer than your last home.
Glad to have you on board.
Thank you Stephen...I am enjoying the milder climate (except in the Summer!)

Ask a Question