Newbie in Northern Nevada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. Been reading till my head spins and think I’m about ready to jump in and start. I know I will have many questions along the way and am excited for the adventure. On a side note everything I have read in reply’s to post are very encouraging, I belong to a few auto forms and at time people can be condescending and rude. Nothing I have read on this form will make me feel timid to ask questions so I look forward to response and help. I will be posting in the build section along with some others but a quick overview I plan on a 30x30x4 pond with I’m thinking a 30x20 bog. Also I have a very rustic looking shed I built from reclaimed wood that I plan to add a 6’ waterwheel to. Also I’m going to let my 11 year old daughter take the lead on design with exact shape and some of the layout so she will be following along with the form as well

Thanks in advance for help
Jesse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
Hi JesseHunt!! You will love building your pond, its so much fun! I'm from Nevada too, but way down south..............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1572384964263.gif
@JesseHunt and daughter :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome :) Your pond and bog build sound exciting and I love the idea of a waterwheel on your rustic shed. Look forward to following:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group of pond lovers! We love to arm chair help build a pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome, we enjoy teaching all folks, kids too! Letting her help will be great for her, as well as a good bonding experience for you both.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @JesseHunt ! You got it exactly right - this is a friendly, helpful group of people who just want to see everyone enjoying the pond life! Ask any questions you may have - you may get a variety of opinions, but they'll all be shared respectfully and with the same intention.

Ask a Question