Newbie Koi lover

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just started caring for some Koi to help out a friend. It's only been a few weeks and I'm already very attached to these beautiful fish. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time trying to take good care of them and keeping the water healthy. I posted my concerns under the water chemistry topic. I'm hoping I don't loose anyone and that this next spring goes fairly well! But so far I can see that I'm hooked on this hobby and even though they aren't mine I'm very committed:) So grateful there are forums to converse with other Koi lovers!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
fishwelcome.gif
Tasha
Lots here who can help you w/ your new friends and glad you joined :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome to our pond and what size tank or pond do you have them in and how big are they and what seems to be the problem with there care .

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just started caring for some Koi to help out a friend. It's only been a few weeks and I'm already very attached to these beautiful fish. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time trying to take good care of them and keeping the water healthy. I posted my concerns under the water chemistry topic. I'm hoping I don't loose anyone and that this next spring goes fairly well! But so far I can see that I'm hooked on this hobby and even though they aren't mine I'm very committed:) So grateful there are forums to converse with other Koi lovers!

Tasha,

Welcome to this forum. We are all very glad that you came to join us. I joined here just a few months ago or so, so I am a newbie too. Don't fret, the people here are really interested in your dilemna and your projects. Everyone offers great advice and we are all most interested in your pond (or your friend's pond that you are trying to manage). This is our hobby and our little niche into research here. All the gurus here enjoy it and have a lot to offer to you. I see a great sense of pride from everyone here. Everyone has a tremendous background of information that will help you. I even believe that I have a lot to offer, or at least I try. You are going to appreciate the information that you acquire here. You are also going to appreciate the freinds that you find here. I know that this is not the same as your best friend from grammer school or from junior high or from high school or from college..... But, the people here are just as beautiful and as caring and as fun as those you miss from the past.

It isn't quite the same because we are not experiencing all this stuff one on one and in person, physically, but you will come to realize that everyone here believes it all nearly just as much as your own heart does.

That's what is great.

Ah heck, it's just great to have you join this forum! I hope you come to love it and learn a great deal about ponds and nature!

Gordy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are we in FishAnonymous now?
Ok then I am jw and I have been a pondaholic for 10yrs now and have not been successful at quitting. Wherever I go I see objects that might be able to be used in or around the pond. I have the desire to create more ponds but so far have been able to stop at one pond at a time w/ a side bathtub pond and a duckweed holding bin. My husband tries to control my ponding urges but to no avail. I confess that the urge to pond is too great for me to combat and I have totally given in to it! This forum is no help at all in converting me to a non-ponderer,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will run the intervention JW not sure I would be good at it , just say I'll run it LOL

Ask a Question