Innovator
Reaction score
Now that is a bitchen avatar!

A term meaning good ; amazing ; fantabulous
Woah that cake looks totally bitchen.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Alfred E Newman... i used to collect Mad Magazine, had some comic book sized ones. Cracked, and Sick werent bad either. my favorite was artist was Don Martin.

Reaction score
I am also planning to build a pond in my front yard between my garage and walkway. I just moved in to new construction and have a blank slate now. The pictures are of my house as it is now and my plan done with Microsoft Visio. Any advice would be helpful. As far as fish I'm planning on just some gold fish. the pond should be about 1000gl it has a 1 ft deep shelf on one side indicated by the lighter shade of blue and will be 2.5-3ft deep in the rest. The bog area will be 6 in deep with 3-4 in of gravel for the plant roots.

This is what I’m planning.

A 15X25FT liner with some sort of padding underneath.
30 ft of 1.5in hose

Submersible Pump
FISHMATE 1000 - $119.99
The 1000 model features a fountain set with 4 options, measure 7 3/4” x 5 3/4” x 4”, handle solids up to 3/4”, and have a 24' power cord.
http://www.petsolutions.com/Fish-Mate-1000-Pump+I35309247.aspx

Model 1000
GPH 1000
Max Height 7.1'
Watts 44
Outlet Sizes 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4

Filter
TETRA CLEARCHOICE PUV-2500 - $249.99
Tetra ClearChoice Pressure Filters w/ UV Sterilizer
The Tetra ClearChoice Pressure Filters ensure clear and healthy pond water by forcing water through mechanical and biological filtration then through the integrated UV sterilizer to prevent algae reproduction and green water . Its biological filtration converts harmful ammonia into relatively harmless nitrates. It is designed with an easy, one-step back-flush valve for cleaning sponges and bio-media. You can also bury to conceal and don’t have to worry about a leak due to its robust latches and O-ring seal.

These filters also integrate an Ultra-Violet Clarifier that provides permanent control of suspended algae which cause green water. The dome on top of the filter protects the clarifier.

http://www.petsolutions.com/Tetra-ClearChoice-Pressure-Filters-w-UV-Sterilizer+I46726553.aspx

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]cLujm1Upbc0[/MEDIA]"]Link to cleaning video for filter [/ame]

After leaving that filter the water will be going into a DIY filter like below that will be made out of the trash can in the picture below. The top will be open and full of plants. It will flow out on to a cascade made out of the rocks from Lowes. The extra filter is more of a bio filter sense I hope the first will do most of the mechanical filtering. I will be using 1.5 in hose throughout the pond.

[ame]

Fence around the Pond
Garden Treasures 18" x 14" Scroll Border Fence $7.98

Color / Finish: Black
Material: Cast Iron
Length (Feet): 18.0
Panel Height (Inches): 14.75
Panel Thickness (Inches): 0.24

Attachments

• CIMG0003 (Small).jpg
    CIMG0003 (Small).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 265
  • Pond equipment.jpg
    Pond equipment.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Pond overview2.jpg
    Pond overview2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Pond overview Plants.jpg
    Pond overview Plants.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
I'm sorry the pictures didn't come out that well but if you open one then click on it. It will open in a new window and it is full size then.

Thanks Everyone I have learned a lot from this form. I'm planning to start building in March or as soon as its warm enought to dig. I'm in Wichita Kansas.

Ask a Question