Newbie to ponds from Wales

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
Hi all totally new to ponds and everything associated with them but have put the pond in and have started building around it and building a waterfall for have done research on the net already but need some more info about pumps and things thanks all and be gentle with me
This is as far as got so far

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome notty .is that a really deep preformed or is it concrete with a coating .Is the upper part behind the block be a filter or a bog of some sorts .I have rock envy right now also :);)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome notty .is that a really deep preformed or is it concrete with a coating .Is the upper part behind the block be a filter or a bog of some sorts .I have rock envy right now also :);)
It's a preformed about 6x4x2 and starts from the block coming forward using the block work to support the water fall then used drystone walling to create a flower bed either side also poured a reinforced slab above the top 18" of the pond have not got any pumps or filters as yet that's where I hope the forum can help me

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks like you still have a lot of rock to stack but you may want to get water in it ahead so it can acclimate to temps and a pump with a prefilter to help clean the pond for now .Then you can add plants and when you are ready to build the filter you will have a head start

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome. I'm sure your pond will be beautiful. Like the planting beds right next to the pond and the rocks!

Ask a Question