Newbie to pressurized filters

Reaction score
This past weekend I installed a small (20" round?, used, and FREE) pool filter on my 2500 gallon pond. I used 100 pounds of sand filter media, as called for. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad...it's cleaning the water, but needs backwashing constantly. Can I expect this to diminish once the water cleans up some, or should I replace the sand with something else (rocks, pebbles, LEGOs)?

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
pool filters are for pools.. pond filters are for ponds...

Koiguy1969, my wife recently lost her job and I can't afford to buy a new pond filter. From what I can tell, some of the most expensive pond filters appear very close in design to pool filters. I'm not ignorant; I'm sure there's a work-around. Do you have any real advice to offer, sir?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
im sorry..i guess that came across as rude, i didnt mean it to be. and i hate typing because i am as slow as a turtle in molassas at it. one finger search and peck... well look in the diy section for a homemade filter that can compete with most store bought filters....there are several stickied at the beginning.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
im sorry..i guess that came across as rude, i didnt mean it to be. and i hate typing because i am as slow as a turtle in molassas at it. one finger search and peck... well look in the diy section for a homemade filter that can compete with most store bought filters....there are several stickied at the beginning.

Thanks and sorry if I took u wrong. Checkin on replacing the sand with a bio ball type product.

Ask a Question