Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys new to all this love the forum! Yall seem to know yalls stuff... Well about me I wanted a huge fish tank for the house and my wife said no after a couple years we bought our first home and being there only a few months I said fish tank or pond lol. So she had no idea what she agreed to ;). So now a year later Im getting all the kinks worked out!! Here is my baby... in behind it im building a rock paito with fire pit but its all under construction!
20150625_012522629_iOS.jpg
20150626_013441652_iOS.jpg
20150626_013445285_iOS.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Earnie weve been at the hobby 28 years now coming from the inside to the out [best move I made].
Where in the US do you come from ?
We are from Plymouth in the UK which at the moment is a sunny 23c .
I note your pond is between trees it may be an idea to net your pond in the fall against leaves going into your pond as this can cause you problems at a later date [Spring}
Welcome aboard please ask questions we dont all bite :LOL:
By the way what fish do you keep my friend :)

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm from good ole Bald Knob, Ar ( I know what a name).... Yes when I dug the pond I didn't do my research and thought under the trees would be the perfect spot and boy was I wrong. Yes I will definitely have to net it.

It's cloudy and 90 degrees here!

I have 6 baby koi about 3-5 inches long!

Thanks man for the welcome and advice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm from good ole Bald Knob, Ar ( I know what a name).... Yes when I dug the pond I didn't do my research and thought under the trees would be the perfect spot and boy was I wrong. Yes I will definitely have to net it.

It's cloudy and 90 degrees here!

I have 6 baby koi about 3-5 inches long!

Thanks man for the welcome and advice

I'm your man for koi and fish health question Earnie should hyou have any problems , Id even like to suggest a couple of books from my wife and I's collection that may help you with that side of things :-

Hand Book of Fish Diseases (All Fish) ISBN 0866227032. Dieter Untergasser.

The Manual of Fish Health ISBN 0861013869. Dr Chris Andrews Adrian Exell, Dr Neville Carrington.

The Interpet Manual of Koi Health ISBN 1842860992. Keith Holmes, Tony Pitham.

You can view the whole list in the articles section entitled "Our Updated Library with Reviews".
All are avilable on Amazon UK Alibris UK and the US versions of those sites

Dave

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I have no idea where Bald Knob is, but figured you had to be from somewhere around here [I'm your neighbor in Louisiana] based on all the "y'alls" in your note, LOL! Nice pond, but don't expect to stop there -- it's an addiction and most folks learn from their first pond, then go on to create their ideal pond [based on what they learned previously].

Reaction score
Country
United States
oh TurtleMommy I know I told my wife if we ever moved the next one is gonna be ten times bigger and better, lol! And I use yall way to much! Sorry

Thanks again Dave ill give them a looksy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
oh TurtleMommy I know I told my wife if we ever moved the next one is gonna be ten times bigger and better, lol! And I use yall way to much! Sorry

We are here to be used and abused!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, no problem :) I'm a military brat with a Southern Mom (Arkansas), a Yankee Dad, and primarily raised in the South. I never think about what comes out -- it could be "y'all" or "you guys!"
Believe it or not children of British Army families are known by the name of "Pads Brats Maggie" :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom

My wife first started me out on The Manual of Fish Health since then weve never looked back its even spawned a 100 koi/ koi/fish health/ fish diseases book referance libarary, however I dont claim to be an expert just a well informed fish keeper in matters of fish health .
As you progress in the hobby you'll soon understand that you never really stop learning.
One thing you need though is a Microscope we have one and it is an invaluable tool in diagnosing what parasite you have..
We can teach you this end how to take a scrape of mucus for viewing under the scope.....

Dave

Dave

Ask a Question