Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone new to the hobbie always been into my koi so decided..... To finally get what I've always wanted and that is getting my own pond built.....so hopefully I can share some pics.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Awesome and welcome!

I suggest you scour through the many threads here in this forum for an education. There's so much you can learn. And you can benefit from our past experiences, mistakes, blunders, etc.

One of the best things I've done for my pond was to get rid of my filters and UV light and switch to bog filtration.

Good luck with your planning and build. Post up pictures as you get going. Ask any questions you have. There are never any "dumb" questions. We are a very friendly bunch. There are some very knowledgeable experts here that would be glad to help out.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1597542323747.gif
@Blondee77

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome and welcome!

I suggest you scour through the many threads here in this forum for an education. There's so much you can learn. And you can benefit from our past experiences, mistakes, blunders, etc.

One of the best things I've done for my pond was to get rid of my filters and UV light and switch to bog filtration.

Good luck with your planning and build. Post up pictures as you get going. Ask any questions you have. There are never any "dumb" questions. We are a very friendly bunch. There are some very knowledgeable experts here that would be glad to help out.
That's brilliant thank you I appreciate that

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

If you want a pond for koi, make it big! They need a lot of water room to stay healthy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to our forum!

If you want a pond for koi, make it big! They need a lot of water room to stay healthy
I'm going big lol got someone doing it for me..... I'm having it raised not in the ground...... I've got 13 koi at the moment and always wanted my own pond so now my dream has come true

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I've got 13 koi at the moment and always wanted my own pond so now my dream has come true
Just wondering...If you don't have your own pond yet, where are you keeping your 13 koi and how big are they?

Koi will get very big very quickly, so 13 koi need a huge pond to survive in. That's a tremendous amount of koi. Some say you need at least 1,000 gallons for the first koi and somewhere around 250-300 gallons per each additional.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering...If you don't have your own pond yet, where are you keeping your 13 koi and how big are they?

Koi will get very big very quickly, so 13 koi need a huge pond to survive in. That's a tremendous amount of koi. Some say you need at least 1,000 gallons for the first koi and somewhere around 250-300 gallons per each additional.
I've only got baby's at the moment I know they grow big so that's why I'm having a pond built 14ft by 9ft by 5ft deep so they will be going from a flat to a mansion lol

Ask a Question