Nice koi purchasing site!

BlakeA

koiboy
Reaction score
I found a guy in Florida, ( www.flkoi.com) and he has ok prices for just some fry, or fingerlings, not sure of his high quality collector's pricing. Currently getting about 10 small under 4" koi from him for 150-200, that's including about 80 dollars shipping from fl, to al. Of those 10 koi, 2-3 will be higher quality apparently, but the main thing is, he has kept in touch in emails, and helped me throughout purchasing equipment, and building my pond, great service in all. I was wondering if anyone had a select spot to purchase koi, and/or any advice on doing so. Not wanting to spend a bunch of money yet, sticking to small koi for now. But alot of sites I've seen, don't really have the option to pick from smaller, less expensive koi.

~Blake

Reaction score
Thats pretty expensive i got my fingerling koi for half that price...120 at most without shipping for 10 koi...theres no where local in AL

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Waiting for 3 koi i bid on from ebay $260. with shipping ,be here this tue..i feel good about it.. they are 8" koi but they are what i want.:banana:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It wont do no good with out pics ,I will take a pic when they come

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Well at least they are honest. I read their quarantine page and they admit their Koi have parasites and that you have to treat the koi you buy from them or your whole pond will be infected.
I guess you better stock up on meds before you purchase.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Quarantine to be safe, but not because you have to. There is a difference. If any of the fish I sold locally had parasites, I wouldn't be able to show my face anywhere. :eek2: Why don't they ship their Koi in a medicated solution and provide the known meds with it? Most folks don't have a clue what to do.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My new koi had a safe flight...I dont go out and measure my fish but when i got my new ones 7 to 8 " they looked small compared to the ones in the pond. I guess when you see them every day you dont think they are growing..

The top one is HI utsri Sumi Design
2nd Goshiki flame throw
3rd kohaku fantom of the opera

Attachments

• new koi.jpg
    new koi.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 397

Ask a Question