Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Dont butterfly koi just rock

Reaction score
Hey Vertigo,
Nice pics! Got any more??? I'd like to see some daylight ones of the pond so I can get a better perspective on the night pics. Is that a waterfall in the second to last pic? It looks very impressive!!

Reaction score
yea a small waterfall with 3 collecting pools trickling down no major drop offs I was trying to make small collecting pools.

Heres some shots just before dusk after a brief shower.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Behind every clear pond is a good bio filter, am I right?
I do have two pressure filters thats true but the clarity comes from 30 years of fish tank experience and a bit of ingenuity..

I have a 3600 gph pump attached with a pvc pipe to a wagner power painter black plastic back pack that was never used I cut holes in top of the back pack and attached the pvc to the bottom laid it flat on the bottom of pond covered it with rocks and filled it with filter media padding and it strains out the finest of particles the exhaust powers my waterfall.

heres a pic of the type back pack i used.

http://www.acehardware.com/largeIma...et/graphics/product_images/pACE2-962093dt.jpg

Reaction score
Well intially to get the water clear it was every 2 days now that it runs clear i do it maybe once a week just to maintain.

cleaning is easy though even at once a week i just pop the top off pull the roll of media out drape it over the fence and hose it off pop it back in 10 minutes from start to finish.

Ask a Question