Night pics of my fish

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pic one is my two babies that were born in my pond last year, the smallest is a four inch tacho Platinum Gin Rin the second one is a 6 inch Shiro Utsuri Gin Rin.
Pic two and three have the last baby that was born in my pond which is a showa Gin Rin and my favorite of the three babies.
Pic four is a black and red comet that was originally bouught as a shubunkin but changed colors over the first year I had it and went solid black and then the red starting appearing.
Pic 5 is Lucky, He is my newest koi, He's a butterfly chagoi, He is 17" long and the largest koi in my pond. we call him lucky because someone traded him in as a common goldfish and the store owner didn't even know it was a koi, I was there when it came in and the guy said it was raised in a 125 gallon aquarium so I imagine he's feeling lucky to be in a pond now!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 354
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 390
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 429

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pic one is my Blue Doitsu butterfly, Big red My Kohaku, 15" also he's my oldest koi at four years old and was also a adopted fish from a VERY undersized pond. My Black and red Comet and my baby tancho gin rin
second pic is Big red, Blue Doitsu 14"(Ebay fish), Matsuba butterfly 14" (Ebay fish),Kikokuryu 10" (Ebay fish) and Hi Utsuri 12"

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 314
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 313

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well they are all very nice but I think Lucky is my favorite. He is one big honker :regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pic 1- This is one of my older Koi, He's a 3 year old 15" Butterfly Matsuba, first Koi I ever bought online
Pic 2- My 10" butterfly kumonryu, he looks pretty bad right now, he's in the process of Changing right now. He changed to 90% black through the winter to starting to get white back on his sides again. I'm hoping it colors back up like last year, 50% black and 50% white.
Pic 3- This is Elvis (Note the jail bars down it's side, jail house rock?? LOL) That's the wifes koi! He's a Standard 9" Tancho Shiro Utsuri. Developing nicely!
Pic 4- Don't really know what the classification for this koi is, It was a gift from my local dealer. It was born last year in his holding tank and was the lone butterfly survivor. We call her little bit as when I got her she was actually less than 1/2" long, Now getting close to 10" and will be a year old the middle of may.
Pic 5- This is Leopard, 12" Hi Bekko butterfly? another not one I'm not real sure on the classification

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 273

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pic 1 and 2- this is our newest addition, a standard 4" ochiba, I hope the grey stays that color as it actually is more blue than grey, the spots or kind of a yellow/orange so it will be interesting watching this little guy grow.
Pic 3- Our largest and oldest Shubinkin, He's almost six years old and about 8" We call him Old one eye as he lost an eye somewhere between age two and three years old. But I can tell you he's the dominate male come breeding time for the goldies, BTW, this is a walmart fish! LOL
Pic 4, My favorite Shubunkin, It's a 1-2 year old aprox, 6" shubunkin
Pic 5, Our second largest goldie, 10" and still growing, I've been looking for a sibling to this one all day today, It's a 3 red bar with red lips and snow white like this one, I'm hoping it's hiding but it's not looking good as it has not been seen now for over 24 hrs, and that's very rare! For any of my fish.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 286

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice shubinkin's and goldie. Maybe some day mine will look as nice lol.

We are going to add a few more once the pond is warmer and the temperature stays up.
It went from 60 a week or so ago, back down to 44 again lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It went from close to 80 here all the way down to 40 and that really does mess with the water and then on top of that the heavy rainfall we have been getting .just keep repeating spring is here and click your heals 3 times oh no wait that was Dorothy in The Wizard Of Oz darn well maybe it will work for weather too .Instead a gold road we will get crystal clear and great water quality and no working to get it and all around great ponds .Well we can hope:biggrinangelA::lol::lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Fishin', that is so funny you have old one eye. I have a comet that survived one heron attack and lost his eye, he has survived two heron attacks now and is one of the original fish from our first year. We also have half-tail. This guy lost the top half of his tail in a heron attack and is just fine. Another one of the originals who has survived.

We tend to take in and love the "damaged goods" fish. Last week's score of 13 fish is further proof. They had 7 koi, 2 are mostly black, one platinum, one black-blue-orange, 2 orange butterfly and one white-black yellow. Range from 8" to about 18", one 22" albino cat and 5 comets, pretty large ones. They were moving and had all these in a 6' oval pond. We purchased the whole lot for $300.00. Mainly we just wanted to have some big guys in our pond. I know none of these are considered prize koi by those in the know, but we are getting to know them and they are now my friends. They join the others in greeting me when I come to the pond.

Pics of some of our fish- the last picture shows Old One Eye, he is all the way to the right. He is missing his left eye.

Attachments

• IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC_5563.jpg
    DSC_5563.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 315

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Love the big orange butterfly, intresting pattern, It's a broken matsuba pattern, for show (if they actually showed Butterfly Koi) it would not do well at all, for looking at I really like it! I like that broken pattern. If you look at mine it has the full fish net pattern down it's back but it's very badly broken as it goes down the sides. I see a large Red and Black Koi in your pond that has my interest too, It has a rounded head and short nose or at least appears to in the pic.
I had a large albino cat too for a while, but he started eating smaller fish so I took it to bass pro shops and put it in their lake, No fishing allowed so I know he's in a safe pond at least. Funny thing about our old one eye, I think he lost his eye in an heron attack as well, I had four big ones that were 5-6 years old at the end of the summer but he was the lone survivor of that group that made it through the attack this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
fishin, if you are looking at the guy in the first pic, that one is a shubunkin. That is Inky. He is a very lovely guy, just is a little hard to see sometimes. Yes, I do know these koi we got really are not fancy by koi standards, I think we got a good deal on them. I am just starting to learn the names, but am having trouble identifying them. I like the guy with the open mout hin the third pic, he has beautiful fins and the black verterbra marks down his back. He has some light blue and yellow. I hope he keeps those colors. Hopefully this cat won't eat the little guys.
that is something about the surviving fish!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I see the fish your refering to, I can see part and like that one, The one I'm talking about is in the third pic with the (Yambuki/Doitsu?) that has it's mouth open. He's kind of a little deeper in the pond but you can still make it out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice fish mouseams! i like mutts also, all critters perfect or not need to be taken care of.

Ask a Question