Non Toxic glue for pump…

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have an Aquascape Ultra 1500 pump that accidentally broke the output fitting completely off when I was trying to remove the cover. I would like to see if I can glue it back together. Is there a recommended non toxic glue I can use that won’t kill the fish? I was going to use the Gorilla glue but was told it might kill the fish.

Thank You,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'm not sure about what type of glue to use, maybe some type of epoxy.

When you do glue it, press something like window screening or other mesh into the glue for reinforcement. Smear the glue, then completely wrap one piece of the mesh over, around the two sides of the break. Then smear more glue over the mesh (screening).

When doing a repair like this, I usually glue the parts together with quick drying crazy glue first. This way the pieces are set exactly where they should be and I don't have to fumble trying to get them to fit right when I do the epoxy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the thing is glue will also need to be rated to cold extreme temperatures .Even high heat can effect some glues and they will break down .

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the responses. I have not thought of that but will consider them. I had to buy a new pump but want to try and repair this one to use as a backup.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1573659636553.gif
@pdub11

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. I have heard of this being used in tanks, drinking water safe, no personal experience though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Find out from the manufacture what type of plastic the housing is and see if a simple pvc hd glue might do the job. but no matter what works or not i wouldn't glue a housing on an external pump
Hello,

I have an Aquascape Ultra 1500 pump that accidentally broke the output fitting completely off when I was trying to remove the cover. I would like to see if I can glue it back together. Is there a recommended non toxic glue I can use that won’t kill the fish? I was going to use the Gorilla glue but was told it might kill the fish.

Thank You,
i doubt gorilla glue will hurt the fish it is a polyurethane glue . so long as the glue has cured you should be fine

Ask a Question