North East Ohio Stream Feature Pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This will be a thread where I place my pictures of my pond in. I live in North Eastern Ohio and I have a garden pond that I've been working on for the last couple years. When we moved in, it was only a few inches deep and the liner was damaged. We began by digging it out to about 4' at it's deepest and including a couple foot and a half shelves. Now the 4' section is larger and I built a stream that transports the filtered water into the pond. The first few pictures were taken before I got my UV filter added, it's pretty cloudy. Within 12 hours of adding my UV filter the water cleared up and the fish are much happier. We have about 15 goldfish, 4 small koi's, and a couple creek chubs. We have a wide variety of frogs and toads that hang around the area too. Right now, I have 3 Lilly Pad plants growing; 2 are from a local pond and the other is from a pond store. You'll see as the thread starts to progress, the water will get cleaner and hopefully the Pad's flowers will bloom. I'll try to update it regularly. Any feedback and comments are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
UV filter from Home Depot. I'll get the name tomorrow. It was $128.00.

Ask a Question