NOT cool AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rintintin

Erin
Reaction score
Today I woke up and checked our bank account from my phone, before my Husband left for work. He gets paid every week (I don't work right now), and we keep a pretty tight leash on our accounts, we monitor them frequently. Well he had gotten paid, but the account we paid our bills from was suspiciously low. So I looked at it and there are 3 charges we didn't make on there! 1 was from google checkout, and the other 2 from xbox live. We don't have kids yet, and we don't even own any type of gaming system!!! Nothing. We just don't play games....

So.......... I called our bank, they launched a claim and they are going to right it all... but the crazy thing is that it happened with my Husband's card and not mine. This is especially crazy because he shredded that card right in front of me several months ago, he was going through his walled and this particular card was old and had taken some abuse from being in his wallet, so he shredded it. He never requested a new one because this card is for our "bills" account and we don't use the debit cards for it--- we just pay our bills through the online banking, which is in the form of a check the bank sends to all our bill companies.

So we are really trying to figure out how in the world someone got THAT card number of all 8 bank cards we have collectively. The ONE that is shredded and has been for several months...

Another weird thing is they somehow put through charges to within $5 of our account being negative... and it happened between midnight and 8am this morning. They must have spent some time just trying to figure out how much they could get away with!!!

Stupid criminals. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! So beware, this can happen to anyone!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they sometimes make up a number and find a matching name .They do it all on the computer it was on yahoo about a month ago

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just had fraudulent charges on my discover card, canceled it and discover has zero liability, so all money back in my account. No clue how they did it, did not even use the card at the airport, maybe one of those readers.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
isn't it sad when you work hard and other people try to steal what you have

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes it is sissy, luckily most cc and banks do not hold you accountable for the loses .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
still how can these people live with themselves .This house I'm buying is for friends who have horses and the rental they were living was sold out from under them when they had agreed with the owner in writing to buy the place .They raised those horses from babes how can someone do that I had to step up and help them as I love animals of all kinds ,And of all it all came down on the anniversary of my sisters murder .Karma

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are a good person sissy, glad they have someone to help them out.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They could have gotten the credit card number months ago before he cut it up. You may want to go back and be sure they weren't just charging something really small for the last several months to see if anyone would notice. This is a common technique to see if they can get away with it and then a few months later they will charge something rather large.

Reaction score
Had a couple of charges on a card a few years back. The place they bought from knew it was fraud but wouldn't tell me where. Imagine the person that owns the card knocking on your door after you spent their money.

rintintin

Erin
Reaction score
It is just not right at all. Yes, we are getting all the money back but it still upsetting ya know. We monitor our accts very frequently so there haven't been any charges prior. Thankfully the bank has been really good to us. Sorry to hear so many others have went through similar things! It's crazy!

I know Oldhead, we'd love to find out who did it... even if they aren't local, we wouldn't mind taking at trip :sniffles: lol.

Ask a Question