Not sure what this is?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Good evening everyone. I would like some help with a mother small issue that I don't know about. I was able with the the help of everyone to get my water chemistry on target. But I have had in the last several days several babies start to float or sick to the bottom and are gasping for air. I have no idea what is wrong. I have read and read threads on here so here is what I did. I tried my best to get a scrap and look under microscope. I will attach a a pic tho I don't know exactly how to take a pic real well through a little lens. But what I see is something that almost looks like a finger print. Any suggestions?? They still have been flashing and some seem to just hang at the top of the water not wanting to move around much. Do they possibly have a parasite?? Just an FYI: the Ph is 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite .25
Nitrate 0
Thanks for any help!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 230

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Good evening everyone. I would like some help with a mother small issue that I don't know about. I was able with the the help of everyone to get my water chemistry on target. But I have had in the last several days several babies start to float or sick to the bottom and are gasping for air. I have no idea what is wrong. I have read and read threads on here so here is what I did. I tried my best to get a scrap and look under microscope. I will attach a a pic tho I don't know exactly how to take a pic real well through a little lens. But what I see is something that almost looks like a finger print. Any suggestions?? They still have been flashing and some seem to just hang at the top of the water not wanting to move around much. Do they possibly have a parasite?? Just an FYI: the Ph is 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite .25
Nitrate 0
Thanks for any help!!!

Nitrite level is too high. Zero is best, 0.01 mg/L is tolerated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Do you think I should add another teaspoon of salt? It has come down tremendously since last week. Is was 2-4 last week.

Ask a Question