Now that another “pond season” is winding down....how do you plan to occupy your time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Working to have a basement like @gliebig
IMG_20180527_220124.jpg

20180814_210244.jpg

20171209_211351.jpg

Attachments

• 20180818_110313.jpg
    20180818_110313.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Build a new Guzheng, to play by the pond next season.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am finally getting my house back after florence storm friends stayed here so clean up begins since now all their stuff is out of my house .I can finally get through my kitchen and living room and also finish the projects that I started on .I think there was stuff in every corner and last of it left just a little while ago .I had to even protect my table from the stuff with this ugly table cloth ,but better than scratch's on it
100_5645.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have a pretty decent gun collection.

Winter weather is a prime opportunity to load up some ammo. I need to focus on 7.62x51, .45acp, and pouring some lead bullets for my Snider and Martinis. I will be loading them paper patched, with FFg Goex. Just like back in the old days.

My wife and I may shoot another Appleseed, although we did get our patches at the last shoot. It is the only thing gun-related that she'll do with me. She is deadly with a .22 rifle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ride more bikes. Winter gives me the most time as yard work is almost non existent

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just gave myself two tasks to help me keep busy while the ponds are in winter mode!
1) I want to name every single fish by Spring! I have 21 fish and only 5 of them have permanent names, I feel it's not fair for the others which I love just as much
2) I want to learn to bake Holidays cakes and treats!
Do you have easy, yummy recipes to share?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Baked these this morning using pumpkin quick bread mix. Super easy and delish!

DmDzH4jEHYGDhX2ixvWzA0mSbPg5PkO8ylWnb0BWIWx8KFKd_6OueuGezDpd6vv0uuf1KS5IDq13W29O0ipHpvkNuJllci_scQSHY04=s42-p-l68
These cookies are good, very simple and easy to make. Only 3 ingredients. Very festive for holiday cookie trays or baskets. This recipe came from a Pillsbury Cookbook. I'm going to zest an orange and add to the dough next time I make these.

Serves: Makes 3 1/2 dozen
Ingredients
1-15.6 oz pkg. pillsbury cranberry quick bread and muffin mix
3/4 c butter, softened
3 tsp sugar
Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine quick bread mix and butter; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
2. Flatten balls to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Using a glass with a pretty design cut into the bottom makes the cookies more festive.
3. Bake at 350 for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Baked these this morning using pumpkin quick bread mix. Super easy and delish!

DmDzH4jEHYGDhX2ixvWzA0mSbPg5PkO8ylWnb0BWIWx8KFKd_6OueuGezDpd6vv0uuf1KS5IDq13W29O0ipHpvkNuJllci_scQSHY04=s42-p-l68
These cookies are good, very simple and easy to make. Only 3 ingredients. Very festive for holiday cookie trays or baskets. This recipe came from a Pillsbury Cookbook. I'm going to zest an orange and add to the dough next time I make these.

Serves: Makes 3 1/2 dozen
Ingredients
1-15.6 oz pkg. pillsbury cranberry quick bread and muffin mix
3/4 c butter, softened
3 tsp sugar
Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine quick bread mix and butter; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
2. Flatten balls to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Using a glass with a pretty design cut into the bottom makes the cookies more festive.
3. Bake at 350 for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Sounds easy enough, thank you for sharing!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve still got a few pond things to finish up. But life has interfered, I’m now fighting another sinus infection, short staffed at work, and my boss will be firing another one who decided he’s too good to fire so he decided to smoke in the office, sleep on the job, call in sick so I had to cover his shift plus my own, after working my morning shift. I was dead tired.
So I’m working on my shubinkin tank, I brought them in, I’ve got a diy filter for the powerhead I bought, it’s clearing the water nicely but I’ve had to change it once already cause the first one clogged from all the plant gunk. I need to add more water to it looking at it now.
I’ve got a ton of baking to do, I’m pet sitting my moms birds and cats, cause my stepdad had a heart attack, I need to deep clean the house, and clear out stuff to make space for all the holiday decorations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Switching over to indoor projects like the bedroom and the basement. Swapping out the floor in the bedroom added a few things like a feature wall, a fire place and finishing the windows and French doors. In the basement we have tons of started projects that need completion like the bar area the theater room and the laundry room. Dont get me wrong I am far from well off I just love projects and DIY.
15442106031157221853475483479067.jpg
15442107121411723578918269817386.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just gave myself two tasks to help me keep busy while the ponds are in winter mode!
1) I want to name every single fish by Spring! I have 21 fish and only 5 of them have permanent names, I feel it's not fair for the others which I love just as much
2) I want to learn to bake Holidays cakes and treats!
Do you have easy, yummy recipes to share?
My mom just made a huge batch of fudge. Buy a jar of marshmallow fluff, you can get the recipe on it, I added some disorono soaked cherries to some in paper muffin cups to give to my boss as a boozy treat!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just found a quick recipe for fudge using 12 oz pkg of white chocolate chips and a can of vanilla frosting, tint 1/3 green & 1/3 red and swirl together with white, Going to give it a try.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Switching over to indoor projects like the bedroom and the basement. Swapping out the floor in the bedroom added a few things like a feature wall, a fire place and finishing the windows and French doors. In the basement we have tons of started projects that need completion like the bar area the theater room and the laundry room. Dont get me wrong I am far from well off I just love projects and DIY.View attachment 117973 View attachment 117974
I love your style!
I've been enjoying watching you transform your home and garden.
Keep it up, you're doing a wonderful job and thank you for sharing!
My mom just made a huge batch of fudge. Buy a jar of marshmallow fluff, you can get the recipe on it, I added some disorono soaked cherries to some in paper muffin cups to give to my boss as a boozy treat!
That sounds delicious!...but It's baby steps for me, I recently discovered the Pillsbury Hot cocoa ready dough, and I really like it! It reminds me of the swirl brownie and it has marshmallows in it. I could probably try experimenting with that to give it my own touch while staying on the safe side

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I love your style!
I've been enjoying watching you transform your home and garden.
Keep it up, you're doing a wonderful job and thank you for sharing!

That sounds delicious!...but It's baby steps for me, I recently discovered the Pillsbury Hot cocoa ready dough, and I really like it! It reminds me of the swirl brownie and it has marshmallows in it. I could probably try experimenting with that to give it my own touch while staying on the safe side
Look up Tasty on YouTube, they have lots of easy dishes like the cinnamon roll bombs- flatten pre made cinnamon rolls, fill with cream cheese icing, put another one on top and seal the edges. Fry, drizzle with the icing it came with and enjoy!

Ask a Question