Now that another “pond season” is winding down....how do you plan to occupy your time?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When I can no longer be out in my garden, I spent a lot of time reading... about gardening! haha! I spend time analyzing what worked, what didn't work, what I will do differently next year. I sort seeds, buy seeds, read about seeds. I take a lot of photos throughout the growing season so I can remember which things need to be divided, which need to be moved, which need to find a new garden to grow in. So I spend many happy hours looking through my photos with a critical eye. I start putting notes on my calendar to remind myself of tasks I don't want to forget about as the garden starts to come back to life. Come January 1st I will start my winter sowing and for me, that signals the start of another spring!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Clean and re-stain the cabin, work on my project car, finish some plumbing insulation under the cabin, vacuum up and mulch Autumn leaves, watch the remaining season of drag racing, go backpacking, and dream of next pond season!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh, Lordie! I will always have things I need to do. College research and touring with child #2. Cleaning and organizing indoors (which I will procrastinate on as long as possible.) Once we hit November, I'll start obsessing about decorating for Christmas, which I LOVE! Once we are in the new year, I'll start watching weather blogs and hoping for some winter weather (which is unusual down here, so it's exciting!) Because child #1 is away at college, any of the aforementioned winter weather will scare the poop out of me in terms of scary travel for child #1, so I'll do a lot of worrying. And coffee drinking. Coffee drinking is a year-round occupation! ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
On weekdays I work as usual and on weekends I clean house, reorganize closets, cupboards and drawers...spend time going places and getting plenty of rest....hubby and I make plans for the for the following Spring, and just enjoy having free time (I can't wait)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got a ton of stuff to do. Rehab a rental in Florida, need to fix the rental the rats moved in after the tenant died.
Rehab our basement, my bee stuff storage area. Removing carpet putting down easier to clean flooring.

Our ponds take no time to care for. The Bees, that is a different story. Getting to put them on a lower attention status as winter arrives. The yard got out of control with all the rain we have had, looking forward to cold and freezing coming. Maybe stay on top of it next year, maybe.

Baltimore sold as of 10/19.......that rehab took 5 months of our time. 100 year old townhouse, nothing is easy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Hopefully I'll get a chance to go outside and enjoy my pond this fall. This summer has sucked, between the rain and 100degree+ days. You try to go out mess with the pond, or enjoy it, and get you carried away by the mosquitos or end up with heat stroke.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I hate to see summer go as I love the heat. If it stops raining I have garden work. I will be painting the front porch, love home made cooking, so a lot of baking. As much hiking as I can, reading and homework assistance with my kids after school. First time I have taken time off work so I am excited, with a long list of things to do.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy at lowes and got several new router bits and a sign making kit and a idea book for stuff to build and a new kreg jig that may sister got me because she wants a hall table that is narrow with 3 shelves and she wants it to look rustic .I got a new blade for my chop saw .I also got a new oscillating tool that came with this free book on interesting builds with the tool .Oh addy I love the new vinyl click and lock floors and got mine free shipping and no taxes from Indiana 450 sq. ft. of flooring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Got a ton of stuff to do. Rehab a rental in Florida, need to fix the rental the rats moved in after the tenant died.
Rehab our basement, my bee stuff storage area. Removing carpet putting down easier to clean flooring.

Our ponds take no time to care for. The Bees, that is a different story. Getting to put them on a lower attention status as winter arrives. The yard got out of control with all the rain we have had, looking forward to cold and freezing coming. Maybe stay on top of it next year, maybe.

Baltimore sold as of 10/19.......that rehab took 5 months of our time. 100 year old townhouse, nothing is easy
Congrats on selling Baltimore, you worked so hard on it !

Ask a Question