water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NOW YOU UNDERSTAND!

The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals.
We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.
However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, a Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.
Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates. And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons? Believe it or not ....... A Congress!
I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out of Washington!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha that's strange.........never knew that and yes it fits, lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh well now we know why and we vote and really it does not matter at all it is the masses of friends and neighbors and everyone who knows the politicians that get them in office .At least it seems thats the way it goes down here .I see all the money they put to get in office all the litter of signs billboards and junk mail .Like the president everyone that gets in office in the white house gets these big expensive parties and then start redecorating the white house part where the live with our money .

Ask a Question