Number of jets based on gph

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a way to figure out how many jets can be effectively run based on the pump's gph rating? I have seen tables based on pressure but I can't find any information based on gph. If no such thing exists is there anyone who has a good feel for this and can give me some guidance? I will be using an EasyPro TH250 rated 4100GPH at zero head to run the jets. How many jets do you think I can run off of that pump?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Short answer: 1-2000 gph per jet.

Longer answer: I spent ages trying to figure this out on my build, and came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone is winging it and it really depends on what you're going for.

You can use jets to circulate your whole pond and make a bottom drain more effective. In that case, you want lots of flow, so big pipes and maybe 1500-2000 gph. Or you can use them to push surface debris towards a skimmer. Same idea. Or you can use them to blast crud out of stagnant spaces where debris accumulates on the floor. In that case, you might only need 3-500 gph and a lot of pressure pointed at a specific spot.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Short answer: 1-2000 gph per jet.

Longer answer: I spent ages trying to figure this out on my build, and came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone is winging it and it really depends on what you're going for.

You can use jets to circulate your whole pond and make a bottom drain more effective. In that case, you want lots of flow, so big pipes and maybe 1500-2000 gph. Or you can use them to push surface debris towards a skimmer. Same idea. Or you can use them to blast crud out of stagnant spaces where debris accumulates on the floor. In that case, you might only need 3-500 gph and a lot of pressure pointed at a specific spot.

Hope that helps.
great info, CW; be prepared (whenever you finish your pond and get time) to do up some sort of pond checklist based on your research as you've surely hit on some interesting cocncepts that need practical consideration!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword: Totally. Unless the pond is a disaster and nothing works right. Then I'll delete my thread and pretend I was never here.
nawww, don't do that; there's more interesting concepts being played out on YOUR thread than most I find while cruising the interweb! And knowing you, it'll all work out eventually. MANY a ponder with a lot less passion and 'gonna-know-it-all' mentality has finished and succeeded with a pond. You'll be jus' fine!

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I spent ages trying to figure this out
You should have asked

a 2" line is 4000 + gph two heads with venturi jets have real good pressure a third is also doable over that t you need a 3"

Ask a Question