Nursery pond ill pond gold fish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a pond goldfish that I believe has swim bladder, I have transferred him and his friend to a 50L nursery tank with Weed, I put aquarium salt on saturday and yesterday put swim bladder medication in, he doesn't seem any better, I under stand the water temp should be around 80 Deg F. At the moment it is only around 50 Deg f how do i increase the temp while the fish are in the tank?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Suea23! Are you sure it is swim bladder infection? Does the fish have buoyancy problems? If you have the tank indoors, place a small aquarium heater in the water and slowly raise the water temperature. You mentioned his friend. Is the other fish ill too? If not, I would not treat that fish. 13-gallons (50L) is a very small tank for even one goldfish. An airstone to circulate the water will help too. Please keep us posted and ask any questions you have.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1587310742237.gif
@Suea23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone thank you for your help but unfortunately my goldfish died, he had a happy life though, he lived in the garden pond for 16 years and was around 9 to.10 inches long, i will miss seeing him. We had to get a new one the same day for his friend and they are now swimming around together.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry for your loss and hope the new one enjoys your pond w/his friend for many years to come. Wonder what the average life span of a pond goldfish is? Some of mine are over 15 yrs old now.

Ask a Question