29.9 KB · Views: 14

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like it is one of the chemicals that is supposed to have bacteria to help establish your pond plus some minerals. I personally don't like to add any chemicals other than KoiClay and chlorine remover. Most of these products are a waste of money.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
agree with mrsclem, your pond will naturally have bacteria that are probably even more effective than this.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
SORRY I DO NOT KNOW THIS PRODUCT BUT THE COMPANY IS REPUTABLE but like any company if the believe there is a demand for something whether it works or not if the can make money they will sell it.

This is where i go against the grain a bit. even though i have a ton of surface area for bacteria to grow and two filter bogs, and all the plants in the world in out and around the pond. the ratio of fish and waste to the over gallons far exceeds that of a natural pond. particularly in the spring i see a definite advantage to giving the bacteria in the pond a boost. We all see the plants shrivel up for the winter and that is easily seen but we can not see so much the bacteria that is decimated and dies off from winter. What's the harm in too much bacteria? if you do add too much i don't believe there is one short of dumping a whole container in that's good for 300,000 gallons into a 300 gallon pond. I have used NUALGI and 24 hours latter you can see any algae lift and bubble. This says to me it's doing something is it magic nope, we still need to have patience and do are part. Remove the leaves and DEAD PLANT MATTER. aND BE GOOD STUARTS

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
SORRY I DO NOT KNOW THIS PRODUCT BUT THE COMPANY IS REUTABLE but like any company if the believe there is a demand for something whether it works or not if the can make money they will sell it.

This is where i go against the grain a bit. even though i have a ton of surface area for bacteria to grow and two filter bogs, and all the plants in the world in out and around the pond. the ratio of fish and waste to the over gallons far exceeds that of a natural pond. particularly in the spring i see a definite advantage to giving the bacteria in the pond a boost. We all see the plants shrivel up for the winter and that is easily seen but we can not see so much the bacteria that is decimated and dies off from winter. What's the harm in too much bacteria? if you do add too much i don't believe there is one short of dumping a whole container in that's good for 300,000 gallons into a 300 gallon pond. I have used NUALGI and 24 hours latter you can see any algae lift and bubble. This says to me it's doing something is it magic nope, we still need to have patience and do are part. Remove the leaves and DEAD PLANT MATTER. aND BE GOOD STUARTS
we're saying it isn't necessary and just profits the manufacturer, GB; bacteria is there and whether you dump more in (can you guarantee me it's even alive?), it's still in need of conditions to thrive. Sure, it won't hurt, but unless it's a brand new pond and you put fish in immediately (and over do it, to boot!), there's no need. How is it you're measuring this 'spring' dosing benefit? You'd have to have fish dying/in stress, then add the bacteria, then see better fish behavior soon thereafter, and even then, there's a lot of other params that are in flux.

I'm pretty sure you'd chuck me in the over-populated for the volume/space I have...never had issues in the spring, never added bacteria; I just don't feed much so what the fish are getting is vegetative in nature and the bioload is minimized. Doesn't mean I WON'T have issues as the fish grow, but there's been no sign of this in 11 years, the last 4 of which include the koi. Prior, I had 100+ gf, most 4-8", in 2200ish gallons with an undersized bog.

To each their own, but unnecessary based on what what I've read and experienced.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are running a bog yes .......But you also have three other variables that are much different from the average. Your enclosed and do not have to deal with even a single leaf rotting in your pond, as i just spent an hour pulling out leaves. You also Have a mechanical sleeve to remove heavy particles that do get in your pond. and third you have a baldy no rock in the bottom to trap anything, So your not comparing apples to apples.

Ask a Question