Oase Filtomatic.....Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I'm thinking of buying an Oase Filtomatic filter mainly because it has an automatic sludge pump built into it, so when there is a build up of gunk, it will pump it out rather than me having to compress the filter sponges regularly. This is mainly because the filter has to be in a relatively inaccessible place which makes it a bit tricky for regular maintenance.
Does anyone own this type of filter or have any idea whether they work or are just a gimmick?
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Does it discharge the gunk through a separate exit so as to bypass the filter sponges etc? Not quite sure how this type works and haven't come across one myself.
I use pressurised type, a Hozelock Bioforce Revolution 9000, brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny, wouldn't swap it at all. During summer I backwash mine weekly, if I remember....and it's not raining! I don't now have to hoover the gunk from the bottom of the pond as it's so much cleaner than with my old system. If a pump/filter combo is doing its job properly, there should be too much gunk anyway.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I presume it just pumps it out via a valve in the sponge filter box?
The videos on YouTube look good but they always do don't they?
I currently also have a pressurised filter but I'm having to flush it every day.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Unfamiliar with this particular filter, but Oase has built a reputation on producing top-of-the-line quality and innovative products.

Ask a Question