Occupy Wallstreet Ducks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The Occupy Wall Street Ducks showed back up for the first time this year this morning. But thankfully our newly adopted Labrador/Chihuahua mix is a duck hunter! Our other Chihuahua was more worried about getting his paws dirty to chase ducks.

I noticed this morning they were floating in the thawed part of the pond. We picked Carlos up from the pound in December so he has not been in the yard with wildlife and plants and the pond running. So I thought, I wonder what he will do. I let him out and he ran up to the pond scaring the ducks away then ran around the yard barking telling any ducks within ear shot "I own this yard, stay away".

I think his dad was a Labrador. :)

Carlos is the tan Labrador mix in this picture :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MyBoys_zps4f290c48.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh now they all looks so comfy and see he is a little worker dog .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sissy, he is a great boy! He is learning the ropes, mostly being taught by his ornery brother :LOL:

He is almost 5 years old, but runs around and plays like a puppy. Our other Chi is almost 5 as well and lays around like a princess. Carlos sneaks up behind him and bites his butt, pulls on his tail, pulls the blanket out from underneath him and sits on him. It is so funny to watch them. Carlos just hops around happy as can be playing, jumping and running. Then at night he crashes and crashes hard. Doesn't move a muscle all night long and I have to drag him out of bed in the morning.

Carlos, chases his tail and catches the tip in his mouth then just runs in circles biting it. He can jump really high but has no control over direction. So He runs into the bedroom jumps really high and hits the side of the bed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Then just bounces up and down till we put our arms down, then he jumps into them.

He is my first pound pup and I couldn't be happier. The little guy immediately melted our hearts.

Since both our daughters are grown and gone these two boys have become the center of our world.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
know what you mean and pee wee and king arthur have become our world and have been trying to get another chi ,but none so far .I love the way pee wee will get arthur going and then goes under something that the poor king cannot fit under .They melt your heart for sure .I was wondering where you were .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have been lurking around here all winter, just a case of the long winter blues (record cold and record snow here) and not much to say. That whole seasonal depression thing hits me hard during bad winters. But I am starting to feel better, 50 degrees and sunny today for the first time this year :) I will be starting the pond back up in no time and life will be good again :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I can't stand being stuck inside .I try to get outside a do a little since temps have been good but it has been damp and rainy and your hands and feet get wet and then you get cold all over .Seems i get a little done every day .I have to laugh at pee wee because he lays up on the fireplace hearth so then I have to light a fire so he can roast himself .plus I have to admit it feels good .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You will now need to get outside some more now that you have the duck chaser ,He will need to patrol the borders to keep them out .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
sissy said:
yeh I can't stand being stuck inside .I try to get outside a do a little since temps have been good but it has been damp and rainy and your hands and feet get wet and then you get cold all over .Seems i get a little done every day .I have to laugh at pee wee because he lays up on the fireplace hearth so then I have to light a fire so he can roast himself .plus I have to admit it feels good .
We have heater vents on the walls about 6 inches up from the floor. My little angles fight over who gets to lay in front of the vent in the dining room, because from there they can watch us in the kitchen. Silly pups.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
sissy said:
You will now need to get outside some more now that you have the duck chaser ,He will need to patrol the borders to keep them out .
We have really been looking forward to is this year. There has been snow since we got Carlos so he has not been able to take full advantage of the big back yard. I know he is going to love it. Once it warms up a little bit more I will spend most my weekends out there with the pups. He has no idea what wonderful yard time is in store for him.

Ask a Question