Odd internet message.....about GPF!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We’re watching TV in the den, trying to cast a show. Problems with the connection. OK, so Hubby is checking that out. But I’m having iPad issues as well. OK, so flip over to my GPF tab......and get this:

A3130853-9618-44E9-9544-7B26AC70C4A1.png

Say what? Has anyone else gotten something like this? Should I be concerned? @Becky

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
New one for me.

I would close the page and reopen, maybe even log out and log back in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you may have gotten a virus that piggy backs it allows you to view what you wish but works behind the scene are you using Explorer? chrome ? firefox ? AND NEVER CLICK ON ANYTHING ON A SUSPITIOUS PAGE . NOT EVEN WHAT SAYS BACK ,OR DELETE SHUT DOWN THE PC OR AT MINIMUM THE BROWSER

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I've been getting a lot of unusual messages or "no connection" messages lately as well.
Always on our mac devices. I haven't figured out what's going on. Maybe some new security measures from Apple.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
you may have gotten a virus that piggy backs it allows you to view what you wish but works behind the scene are you using Explorer? chrome ? firefox ? AND NEVER CLICK ON ANYTHING ON A SUSPITIOUS PAGE . NOT EVEN WHAT SAYS BACK ,OR DELETE SHUT DOWN THE PC OR AT MINIMUM THE BROWSER
I never do click on suspicious stuff!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i'd run your virus scan and do a thorough scan

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
At work we had some odd issues like this (like connecting to our wifi on personal devices) and they told us to make sure the URL read "https" and not just "http" - the first is secure, the other is not. Not sure if this is the case for you @Mmathis but that message is almost identical to the ones we were getting at work.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We’re watching TV in the den, trying to cast a show. Problems with the connection. OK, so Hubby is checking that out. But I’m having iPad issues as well. OK, so flip over to my GPF tab......and get this:

View attachment 114695

Say what? Has anyone else gotten something like this? Should I be concerned? @Becky
I’m having better luck using Opera as the browser instead of Safari.
Opera is much faster as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
We are Mac users as well and I got the same message about every site I wanted to go to. I'm trying to remember, but it may have been after a power outage when the computer had been shut down for a while. I don't think it was anything bad. It was also at the same time as having internet connection problems with the TV.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got that last night after the severe storm we had and did not log into gpf because of it .I just figured it was a fluke because of the storm .

Ask a Question