sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All pharmacies here take expired meds .You just drop them off .Even the hospital here takes them .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It's not that. We humans excrete many of our medicines without processing them. It's part of how we get rid of them. Unfortunately, they go in the water that goes to waste treatment and the current methods of waste treatments do not account to treating increased pharmaceuticals in the water.

It's why I think having UV sterilization to pond water is a good thing. It breaks down chemicals that shouldn't be in the water. Granted it doesn't break down everything.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a septic tank and a well .But really there is nothing you can do about meds. they are a necessary thing .I think eating healthy is better for you in the long run .I grew up on an organic farm and I am a vegetarian all my life .I have never really needed any meds and don't take even headache remedies ,there are healthy ways to get rid of headaches .I am 62 years old and a woman and feel I still can out work lots of the males these days .Seems a lot of the younger people want nothing but there cell phones and puters and take out food .Not all young people but more than there should be .They don't want to work but they want everything .They want to be like those idiots they see on tv .Life is real and those fakes are making money off these young people .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It's why I think having UV sterilization to pond water is a good thing. It breaks down chemicals that shouldn't be in the water. Granted it doesn't break down everything.

If only Pond UV units were of sufficient strength to degrade Pharma products without destroying most , if not, all of the Plankton and Zooplankton necessary for a balanced eco-system. For better or worse, they are not strong enough.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess fish will have to adapt to us polluters ,because if we don't change things 1 person at a time it will never change .Our world is getting worse and worse and we need to stop it .Over population is not helping and we are loosing our farmers left and right

Reaction score
Country
United States
Believe it or not when I first started working in a medical facility (about 15-16 years ago) they actually required us to dispose of expired medication by dumping it down the toilet :eek:

I did it once because I had no choice but didn't feel comfortable with it. So lets just say in the future I used other means to dispose of it.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
This is why I cringe when I read about folk using their own urine to fertilize gardens since, most often, they do not properly age and compost it. Even then, I still would not do it...

Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with good genetics.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I even worry about my septic tank .I put rid ex down it .I can always tell in the summer where the leach fields are because the grass is always greener there .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess fish will have to adapt to us polluters ,because if we don't change things 1 person at a time it will never change .Our world is getting worse and worse and we need to stop it .Over population is not helping and we are loosing our farmers left and right

so true sissy

one person at at time is all it takes to help make things better

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I have been telling everybody about the abandoned hospitals still with stuff in them and electric and guards and all the money we are wasting and supplies that could be used in other hospitals .Our government is the number 1 waster and polluter ever .They say it is us .Well government look on you tube and see them for your self .Supplies that low income hospitals and clinics could use these items and theses hospitals are sitting there with lots of supplies in them and it sucks .Obama is the one who knows and they all keep it a secret but now urban explorers are letting the people know what is going on .Even peoples records and personnel information is still in these hospitals

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
That is why I have been telling everybody about the abandoned hospitals still with stuff in them and electric and guards and all the money we are wasting and supplies that could be used in other hospitals .Our government is the number 1 waster and polluter ever .They say it is us .Well government look on you tube and see them for your self .Supplies that low income hospitals and clinics could use these items and theses hospitals are sitting there with lots of supplies in them and it sucks .Obama is the one who knows and they all keep it a secret but now urban explorers are letting the people know what is going on .Even peoples records and personnel information is still in these hospitals

Please supply a link to You Tube video.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Please supply a link to You Tube video.
Meyer , Val and I have arranged it with our chemist, so that we can bring any used fish treatment's and un-used out of date chemicals down to the Pharmacy for a safe disposal by her so that it doesnt contaminate the water table, which is something we have been accutely aware of for many years.
Thus we try to educate many fish keepers about this little known option

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

It's easy to waste money when you (the government) don't work for it and it's coming out of some else's (tax payers) pocket who you can force (using the IRS) others (tax payers) to replenish your (the government) pocket book.

Ask a Question