Oh dear

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I just got home a little while ago, had a really bad storm when I pulled in. I just went outside to peek on the wee ones- I can see all the newborns at night, as they are all just hanging around... I noticed that one of my recently acquired goldfish which is white and orange, wit ha beautiful flowing tail has some scales or an injury on her side. I can't find her right now, she ran off to one of her hiding spots. Tomorrow when I can get a better gander, what should I look for, do for her?

I have recently salted the pond and I believe our chemistry is alright. I do know that we lost 7 fish, or I just can't find them. So I am not sure if this is a predator injury or a spawning injury. Oh yes, we have about a billion babies right now. I am hoping nature does it's thing, (or the frog does) as I have become such a softey, I can't even kill a spider anymore. :eek2:

Thanks again for all your help!

Reaction score
If it is just an injury and not a bacterial infection Melafix will help with the healing process. You may also want to add some type of proctection from predators if you think one has been visiting your pond.

Ask a Question