OH NO..ANOTHER FROG THREAD?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
PTDC0003.JPGPTDC0004.JPGWELL i just cant seam to rid myself of frogs. i take them and release them in the creek... find dead ones that get into the pond and filter to winter, and cant find anywhere to burrow in to hibernate. found lots of eggs in one of my iris clumps.(i didnt check the other one yet) any ways i might ship tads out to members after they hatch..i'm thinking hatching them out in a tub. is there any interest? i guess theyre your standard american bullfrogs. i have 2 bullfrogs and one green frog... i havent seen any toads yet this year. i hope theyre not toad eggs. and can the bulls and the green interbreed?

Attachments

• PTDC0002.JPG
    PTDC0002.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 302

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Toads, at least ours, do the two eggs side by side in a ribbon. Those look like frog eggs, My toads are hopping away now, a bunch of tiny tiny little guys, under 1/2 inch in size.

Reaction score
Hey are u anywhere near Kalamazoo? I was wondering where all my frogs went and when I looked in the bottom of my egress window I found 4 of them. Dead. I'd love to have a couple.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had set up a 100 gallon stock tank as a place to put my koi eggs if we got any. Tank filled with water, treated with dechlor and immediately covered with window screen. 10 days later I open it up and it's full of tadpoles! HOW???

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Koiguy I am not sure on this but it is something to look into.

Specific species of frogs are regional. Shipping yours to another area may result in them wiping out the existing native types. Now again I said I am not sure and there is little hope in containing a frog population in a pond.

We were spared the frog noise this year because I drained the pond ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
What is the green frog you mentioned? Bullfrogs are invasive here and have wiped out our leopard frog population, but I'm still looking for some kind of smaller frog that would be at home here.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not my pictures

green frog.....we have green frogs here call maryland green frogs

bull frog

Here is a md green frog in our pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Probably a little large for my pond, especially since I'm in the middle of town. It looks like they generally get up to about 3.5 inches?

I've been looking at Western chorus frogs, which are tiny at only 1.5 inches. They appear to be more nocturnal, but come out in the evenings to sing, which I would really love. It looks like they are even native in my area, yet I've never seen them, and again I have run into the problem of not being able to find a decent source for tadpoles. Ah well...

SE18

David V
Reaction score
sadly, I don't have any frogs this year, well, almost. Been seeing snakes around the place.

the great news is that my tree frogs are back. They come out at night to sing to me. Here's one of the precious tree frogs, the snakes don't seem to get to them:

Attachments

• DSC_2081.jpg
    DSC_2081.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 264

Ask a Question