addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I could let you borrow Nessie (well, when she shows back up in the Spring, that is) We're thinking we'll have to relocate her this year, so perhaps I could just ship her down to you? :LOL:
View attachment 147547
My three nessies all disappeared. The huge nessie and the small nessie.

I don't feed and in 10 years have not yet gotten over populated. Tons of plants lots of spawning area, lots of hiding spots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Frogs have been the best at keeping the fry numbers down in my pond. The one year I didn't have frogs I spent the whole summer with a minnow trap in the pond trying to catch and give away the babies.
I am hoping for frogs cas but none have shown up…I had so many toads in my pond in Virginia that every day, sometimes twice a day I would have to empty my skimmers of them during mating season…a few frogs would be nice though…I wonder if they are rarer here in Florida?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
My three nessies all disappeared. The huge nessie and the small nessie.

I don't feed and in 10 years have not yet gotten over populated. Tons of plants lots of spawning area, lots of hiding spots.
Your ponds are awesome addy1….very established…my pond is small (900 gallons) which on one hand is nice because I can reach the middle without getting in but on the other there is a limited amount of natural food available (especially this time of year…

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your ponds are awesome addy1….very established…my pond is small (900 gallons) which on one hand is nice because I can reach the middle without getting in but on the other there is a limited amount of natural food available (especially this time of year…
aww thanks, retired early, he was still working, too much grass....................never give a gal a tractor and turn her loose! Hills that were miserable to mow all planted grass gone. Still a lot of grass but on flatter land. Mainly in the back field.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
aww thanks, retired early, he was still working, too much grass....................never give a gal a tractor and turn her loose! Hills that were miserable to mow all planted grass gone. Still a lot of grass but on flatter land. Mainly in the back field.
I do miss the privacy and solitude of a big property but now that I am old (I can’t believe I am saying that…it just crept up on me) I am limited on how much I can manage

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do miss the privacy and solitude of a big property but now that I am old (I can’t believe I am saying that…it just crept up on me) I am limited on how much I can manage
agree on that, I still take care of all of it. Might hire some to come off and on and help control the weeds the vines that grow everywhere!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
agree on that, I still take care of all of it. Might hire some to come off and on and help control the weeds the vines that grow everywhere!
You are lucky you can still do it. Enjoy while you can...That's another problem (getting people to work on property) I have had the hardest time trying to find people to do menial tasks that I no longer can....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I am hoping for frogs cas but none have shown up…

have you put up a sign?

frogs snake sign.jpg

Ask a Question