Oh no. Tadpoles in my new filter.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
The other day I had 4 pairs of toads laying eggs all over the pond. Within a day the eggs were gone. I just went out to look in the filter and noticed tadpoles in there. They somehow survived the impeller on the pump. Not sure what to do now if anything. They have made in into the bio barrel as well. I keep lids on these but I know the will have to get out at some point. Sould I try to remove them?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
well, you've got a few choices. One you net 'em out and take 'em somewhere else or :beerchug: you let nature take it's course and just let 'em, er, well, you know. They will not make it.

I kinda let nature take its course....well, filter nature, that is.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
If it was me, I would net as many as I could and find a natural body water & turn them loose. Sometimes nature can use all the help it can get. We've messed with nature enough already with our urban sprawl and altering the country side. Why not give some back?

Happy ponding,

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I netted a bunch and put them in my lilly container. I looked this morning and didn't notice any in the filter. They must have made there way through?

Ask a Question