Oh poor babies!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have a bunch of watonai babies in a little netted cage in my indoor tank. They are like 1 month old so still tiny, like half an inch.

Yesterday I noticed some of them having clamped tail (cant see their fins!) so I did water change (like 35%).

A few died this morning and I saw more have clamped tail - so I did another water change (like 35%).

They are still not looking well.

What else can cause clamped tail (since they are fantail i can see the difference) / fins other than water quality? My water has always been good. Other fish seems fine and not effect. Only the babies watonai :cry:

They didnt last long too, they die pretty quick after i noticed what's wrong (and I look at them A LOT). can it be parasite? should I try to treat the whole tank with parasite?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Sorry you lost some of your babies :( If you're concerned about parasites, do you have a microscope ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry you lost some of your babies :( If you're concerned about parasites, do you have a microscope ?
no i dont. and they are tiny babies i dont think i can do any scraping :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
ok so I think what ever was there have passed. After last water change I went and get medicine for parasite and fungus, just in case. I dosed the tank with the parasite medicine and the babies still died but I did the whole course anyway. The one baby that was listing and also had fin clamped, I put in salt bath for half a day, one i put it back in the tank it started eating and this morning it's all right again!

All in all I lost about 6-10 babies. I still have about 10 left that I dont know what to do with all of them ;)

Ask a Question