oil drain pan for lotus pot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Has anyone ever used an oil chang pa to plant a lotus in their pond. I saw something about it but didn’t know what kind of plastic they are and if there was a way to determine if they would be fish safe.they cost $5 instead of $20 and I could get it today instead of ordering on line

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Has anyone ever used an oil chang pa to plant a lotus in their pond. I saw something about it but didn’t know what kind of plastic they are and if there was a way to determine if they would be fish safe.they cost $5 instead of $20 and I could get it today instead of ordering on line
I don’t know anything about growing lotus, but that’s what I use for my water lilies! Lilies don’t require depth, so these are the perfect size. I get mine at WallyWorld, in automotive. They are very reasonable, but I haven’t bought any in a few years, so can’t quote a price — but guessing it’s less than $5. I don’t know what kind of plastic they are, but am confident that they’re fish-safe. Some of mine are 5 years old and still holding up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lotus like shallow round pots with no holes and wider the better just like lillies. I have a new lotus coming should be here today forgot toorder my pan. My other lotus is in a pan that looks just like the $5 pan at walmart

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a lotus in a oil pan, it jumped the pan and wandered all over the place. They tend to do better in deeper and wider than lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had a lotus in a oil pan, it jumped the pan and wandered all over the place. They tend to do better in deeper and wider than lilies.
I’m only going to have it in the oil pan for the first and maybe second seasons. Will replant in larger appropriate pot once it is established. My first lotus is in a “lotus pot” that is the same size as the oil pan .i had plans on replanting it into a larger pot this year but it started growing so fast I decided to wait. It is only three years old . I’m not sure what kind it is because it was not what I ordered. It is a smaller variety only about 18 inches tall.

Ask a Question