Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Video of an old friend of mine Omega who was one of my Betta fish who died about a year ago :( still miss him but glad I saved some memories of him and wanted to share it with you all:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
@Marshall He is gorgeous! How long did you have him?
I only had him for about 3 months because he was already sick when I bought him and so they did tell me that and I figured he would do better to spend his last days in my setup vs a little cup they kept him in at the store :( and as always I got attached. He is technically Omega 2 as I had another betta named Omega that lived for almost 3 years and was similar in color to him.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I only had him for about 3 months because he was already sick when I bought him and so they did tell me that and I figured he would do better to spend his last days in my setup vs a little cup they kept him in at the store :( and as always I got attached. He is technically Omega 2 as I had another betta named Omega that lived for almost 3 years and was similar in color to him.
Marshall, I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound heartless, but I don't think you should name any more of your pets, "Omega."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Very pretty... I got a betta finally for the office. He's been with me one month now.... He has 13 other shrimp companions... I should post pictures I know.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Very pretty... I got a betta finally for the office. He's been with me one month now.... He has 13 other shrimp companions... I should post pictures I know.
Betta are awesome but I don't think I have ever seen pet shrimp with a betta so that will be a first to see lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
The picture shows D-cubed and some of his 13 companions. 11 crystal red or black shrimp plus two amano shrimps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The picture shows D-cubed and some of his 13 companions. 11 crystal red or black shrimp plus two amano shrimps.
Very cool :D I like the shrimp and now I am thinking of getting some. Do they get along well ? Or even pay much attention to each other ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Very cool :D I like the shrimp and now I am thinking of getting some. Do they get along well ? Or even pay much attention to each other ?

Keeps him entertained, and they aren't heavy on the bioload. The small ones are fun for him as he chases them but he hasn't eaten a single one. The big ones he leaves a lone except to steal their food when I drop shrimp food.

Dwarf shrimps come in a lot of colors, pick ones that go with the background (I picked red crystal shrimp and black crystal shrimp). I've seen neon blue, bloody mary red, red cherry, yellow, even green... Don't buy multiple colors cause they will just eventually become the regular wild color after interbreeding.

The amanos are much bigger and come in one color. The amanos need brackish water to reproduce but will live fine in fresh water with the bettas.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Just wanted to add a comment that most bettas will eat cherry red shrimps or other dwarf shrimps. So you may not wanna bother... It helps to have a lot of hiding places that the betta cant go into.... but the amano shrimps are 100% safe with bettas. They are too big for the betta to kill.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Just wanted to add a comment that most bettas will eat cherry red shrimps or other dwarf shrimps. So you may not wanna bother... It helps to have a lot of hiding places that the betta cant go into.... but the amano shrimps are 100% safe with bettas. They are too big for the betta to kill.
I was thinking about setting up just a shrimp only paradise in one the many extra/spare tanks I have. I have basically everything from a 4.5 gallon up to 150 gallons lol and everything in between including some one-off customs I built myself including the 1,200 & 3200.5 gallon turtle tanks in the rescue which are obviously way too small for shrimp :D

Ask a Question