Old Large Pond new problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
New to the forum I have a 3 acre pond on my property stocked with catfish, bass, crappie and sunfish. I've owned this property for 24 years. The last 3 or so years I've had new problems: muddy water, duckweed, hole in drainage pipe etc... Looking for answers and ideas.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1592759675292.gif
@novakolson

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome. Post pictures and details on what’s going on. For a natural pond, I’m afraid you’re stuck with the duck weed unless the fish decide to eat it all. It requires extreme work to get it all out, every single piece, plus you’d have to be sure the source was eradicated, which I would guess would have been a wild animal, so no luck.
As for muddy water, either you have run off or your catfish are stirring up the bottom. If you can add lots and lots of bottom growing plants, that might help.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! We are here to help you! Let us know what questions and/or problems you are having or are anticipating.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
New to the forum I have a 3 acre pond on my property stocked with catfish, bass, crappie and sunfish. I've owned this property for 24 years. The last 3 or so years I've had new problems: muddy water, duckweed, hole in drainage pipe etc... Looking for answers and ideas.

First question: what changed about 3 years ago?

Ask a Question