Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lmao . Um tie it to the tow hitch. Never to a plastic, or 2 1/2 mph bumper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've also seen a tow strap come loose & snap back to the truck & shatter the rear window! I don't have a tractor so I'll see how far I get with a sickle, chainsaw & shovel first. There could even be a body hidden in those cattails, who knows what I'll find:troll:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yikes thats a battle with that much of a developed area of cat tails.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Barney hungry. Barney want cattails.
Damn, CW; if you're posting, it must mean you're NOT making progress!! Or, does this mean rocks are all done and you're now researching your next change, with pics/vids to come shortly??? ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If you lever the worst masses of gnarly cattail out if the water, a plank or sturdy ladder will work, leave them elevated to drain for a day or two, the mass becomes a lot easier to tear into manageable chunks for removal

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have a huge amount of cat tails your not lifting that mass and highly highly doubtful your pulling it apart easily. what i would do seeing as you have a concrete base is to make sure all power
in that area is shut off. then i would take a cordless sawsall with a 12" or longer demo blade that's one with some big ugly teeth and cut the cat tails apart in clumps and haul them out by rope and a tractor or a truck. as you start tugging you'll see what's still holding on and use the sawsall to cut it free.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
<Scared CW liked Barney as a name a bit too much something is whispering to me he's the generation of Barney

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
With a long plank or ladder and a bit of leverage, you can raise 4-500 lbs of mass, leave it to drain and when most of the water has drained, it will be 100lbs or so, fairly easy to hack into chunks and lob away

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
With a long plank or ladder and a bit of leverage, you can raise 4-500 lbs of mass, leave it to drain and when most of the water has drained, it will be 100lbs or so, fairly easy to hack into chunks and lob away
Good idea, haven't heard from you in ages. Good to see you here.

Ask a Question