Old, new member?

Reaction score
Just joined a few days ago. Seems many forums have collapsed/disappeared from when I last was involved on them! Anyway, viewed several threads/communities here and it looks like you all are (usually) a pretty friendly bunch! :fingersx: Just kidding! I actually didn't see/read anything except friendly posts!

Our pond is at least 6 years old. Just a regular 'hole-in-ground' thing, odd shaped, sort of a figure eight with a fatter waist than mine! Planned to have a couple of shelves but then we found a PVC pipe to another irrigation zone! So I have a nice large 'step' at the shallow end! Started with eight beautiful Shubunkins. Have had a few die (probably my fault!) but we must have at least one 'lady' in the bunch! So we still have eight! Two are nearly invisible because they are almost solid black! But they have the most flowing and largest fins! Have another that is best termed as an albino, except it is rather a solid light pinkish color! :dunno: Another one may be from an egg brought in my a bird! It doesn't resemble any of the others and may actually be a crappy! BTW, where I come from, that's pronounced cropie! :)

Pond is ~800 gal, probably too large a pump (I need to check that rating) running through a Tetra 2500, UV equipped filter. Waterfall built out of unsecured, mostly flat, Arkansas field stones which also ring the pond. Originally the bottom was covered with small stones. One year of trying to keep/get that cleaned up and they all got removed! Several potted water lilies with 'great' clay dirt out of our yard! topped with a layer of fairly large (

Reaction score
Thanks, Doc! I was born in J'boro! Just there today as my F-i-L had an appointment with his Cardiologist!

I now live just across the Might Muddy in a suburb of Memphis. If you've ever driven across that river, to Memphis, you'll probably recall the levee on the Arkansas side is a couple of miles west of the river. As the river is now mostly back in its proper channel, the flooded land inside the levee still has hundreds of very shallow 'ponds'. Naturally, any fish in them are trapped (unless we get a LOT of rain quickly!). I saw at least a hundred egrets around and in those ponds this morning, feasting away on their morning fish breakfast! Hope they enjoy it while it lasts!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I was in Memphis when the river was way up 6 or 7 weeks ago
just went back to eat some ribs 2 weeks ago and saw how it dropped out

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and ribs geeze men and there meat :cheerful: :cheerful:

Reaction score
welcome, and i'm sure you're not alone in deciding a stone/rock bottom pond is not always worth the effort when trying to clean and keep clean... not sure if moving stones or pebbles is a nesting trait but more of a way for fish to continue searching for food that may be trapped between them or even eating/cleaning off algae on rocks...

Ask a Question