Old Pond and New Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought our home in 2020 and it had a pond with waterfall. It was an older pond, no plants or fish, and eventually leaked and the small filter failed. However, it was enough to hook us on ponds.

We had the pond replaced and a biological filtration system was installed. After a couple of months we added some goldfish and plants. Loving the new pond. The first photo shows the old pond (upper) and the new.

Old&New.jpg
IMG_20210425_124339164.jpg
IMG_20210425_192742229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and welcome! I like your goldfish! How deep is your pond? Do you think your fish wIll be okay in the winter?

Reaction score
Country
United States
fixed for you

Welcome to the forum!
THANK YOU!
Hi and welcome! I like your goldfish! How deep is your pond? Do you think your fish wIll be okay in the winter?

It's only about 2' at its deepest. We are in the high desert not far from Las Vegas so no worries about freezing in the winter as it stays pretty warm here year 'round.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
THANK YOU!

It's only about 2' at its deepest. We are in the high desert not far from Las Vegas so no worries about freezing in the winter as it stays pretty warm here year 'round.
That sounds nice! I went to the NAHB show in 2019 and 2020 and we toured homes there... pre-covid. It’s so pretty higher up looking down to the city. I loved the views! Good luck with your pond! There are lots of knowledge people here if you need help.

Ask a Question