OLYMPICS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mmathis, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mmathis

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Just wanted to give a nice big, "Hip, Hip, Hoorah!" to the UK [London] for putting on a spectacular Summer Olympics!

What was your favorite part?

I'd have to say I thought the torch-lighting at the opening ceremonies was great! We wondered & wondered what those "things" were that were being carried along with each country's flag -- great, great, great!

Mmathis, Aug 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Mmathis

Becky Administrator

I never usually watch much of the Olympics, but I found it really interesting this year. I liked the opening ceremony more than the closing ceremony - it was spectacular when they lit the cauldron! I loved the symbolism of it too.

I wish we lived a bit closer so that we could have seen the Olympic park! We saw a football game in Manchester (Japan vs Egypt - it wasn't very exciting), but the rest we just saw on TV.

Roll on the Paralympics! :D

Becky, Aug 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Mmathis

Mmathis TurtleMommy

OMG, the equestrian Paralympics! THE most awesome sport ever! If you've never ridden English or Dressage, it's impossible to appreciate, but this is the ultimate in trust & communication between horse & rider!

Becky, glad you got to see some Olympics "football," even if not that exciting.

Mmathis, Aug 14, 2012
  4. Mmathis

Becky Administrator

I'm looking forward to seeing some wheelchair rugby - from what I've seen it looks very fast paced and exciting! :)

Becky, Aug 16, 2012
  5. Mmathis

taherrmann4 Tmann

I didn't watch any of the Olympics this year. Probably the first year where I didn't watch it.

taherrmann4, Aug 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question