On a personal note -- my son!!!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm so proud of him! His college graduation was about 2 weeks ago -- BFA in Graphic Design. He has been working on setting up a job interview in Utah -- it's a week-long, working interview. He's out there now, and his "week" officially starts today. As a Mom, I am so torn...... I want him to succeed, but at the same time I want to cry thinking that he might be sooooo far from home. And he's our only child..... But, can't love him more, and want what's best for him!

IMG_9614.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for him on accomplishing so much. He's on his way to a full and wonderfully exciting life! You have every reason to be so proud of him as you raised him right.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Congratulations! A handsome young man and a bright future ahead!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
congrats and it is always hard to admit they are grown and going out to far away places to be successful .But he will give you more to brag about and be proud of ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Wonderful!!!!!!! Mine is going to be a high school senior this year and will probably go to college in-state, since his gpa will get him free tuition.
I can barely think of him living away from home, even if it's in the same state! So I can only imagine the mixed emotions there!
But you have raised him well! He is your eagle scout, right? He is going to be great! You will just have to plan lots of visits to Utah!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wonderful!!!!!!! Mine is going to be a high school senior this year and will probably go to college in-state, since his gpa will get him free tuition.
I can barely think of him living away from home, even if it's in the same state! So I can only imagine the mixed emotions there!
But you have raised him well! He is your eagle scout, right? He is going to be great! You will just have to plan lots of visits to Utah!
Yes, Eagle Scout! He's my only child, as well. College was hard enough and he was only an hours drive away from home for those 4 years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh, he's in my state? He's kinda cute... Wonder if I'll see him around. ;)

Teehee, just messing with you. Congratulations on your successful son! Hope the interview turns out for him!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, he's in my state? He's kinda cute... Wonder if I'll see him around. ;)

Teehee, just messing with you. Congratulations on your successful son! Hope the interview turns out for him!
Thank you! Where in Utah are you? Maybe you can give me some insight into the state.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you! Where in Utah are you? Maybe you can give me some insight into the state.

Sure! I live in the Salt Lake area, but I know things about Southern Utah as well. What do you want to know?

It's a pretty nice place to live. Gorgeous nature. The soil is perfect clay soil for pond plants if he's into that. Water is tasty. The big downside of living here are the inversion, which is the cloud of smaug that settles over the valley in winter thanks to the mountains and other things. It can cause problems for people with allergies or asthma.

The other downside is only if you're a drinker. The liquor laws here border on prohibitionist! Liquor is only sold in state stores or as in-depth glass beverages at licensed restaurants. Unless you're purely a bar, guests are required to order food with their drinks. Only one drink per customer is acceptable at a given time--a customer must finish or return their beverage in order to get another.

Alcohol is mixed into all beverages less strongly here, including beer. Too bad because our state is known to make some good ones!

That's how I'd sum up this part of the state. Great outdoors, poor air quality 1/4 of the year, and the Mormons control everything.

But hey--no children in R rated movies after 6PM! Bwahahaha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I own a dog boarding kennel, every fall parents taking their kids to school for the first time are upset and crying, they don't want their kids to leave. By the 2nd fall after parent have seen how peaceful the house is with kid in school rush them to go back LOL

Ask a Question