? On size of filter required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved home and have acquired a 10000 litre pond with approximately 20 goldfish measuring 3/4". There is a 8000 litre pump and a separate UV. What size filter is required. I think it currently has a pressurised filter but is leaking. Thanks for any advice/tips

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
You want a pump and filter that is rated to turn your pond volume over 1.5-2x per hour. So minimum of a 15000 litre pump and a filter that can handle that amount of flow.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! What @Jhn said about filter and pump.

Just curious if what you have are goldfish. 3/4” is small, unless those are brand new fry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
How is the existing pressure filter performing? Is the water clear? Do the fish appear to be healthy and happy?

Have you thought about attempting to investigate the leak and make a repair? Where exactly is it leaking? Maybe it's just an O-ring?

I've repaired cracks in pressure filters before. I have used two part epoxy and layed window screening (for strength) into the epoxy with great results. Spread the epoxy, squeeze the screening into it, then smear more epoxy over that.

I personally no longer use any store bought filters or UV lights, I sold mine. I recently built a bog for filtration and it's fantastic. No rinsing filter pads, virtually no maintenance and crystal clear water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1596571041351.gif
@Philorth

Ask a Question