ONE ALL WHITE EYE

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have one koi in a 2000 gal. pond with several other koi and have had them all for close to two and a half years. All of a sudden one of my large koi's came down with just one eye that is all white. It does not look like the pictures of koi with Cloudy eye because it is a brilliant all white eye. And so far the other koi look fine. I don't know what it is and so do not know what to buy to cure it. Can anyone help me? In Sweet Home right now the weather is just warming up to the mid 60's during the day and down to the low to mid 40's at night. What could it be and how can I help my poor koi. Thank you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1621727585724.gif
@Sweet Home Koi Owner
Could be the koi damaged it's eye somehow by running into something sharp. Don't know tho of course. Might just have to do a wait and see what happens thing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It might lose the eye and just have a hole. Not sure if it could live like that or not. Maybe someone else here can help you better on what to do. I hope so.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd agree with @j.w - a change to a single eye would lead me to think injury over disease. Probably not much you can do about it. I'd just watch to make sure there's no sign of infection around the eye and see what happens.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I shouldn't put in a general antibiotic or say Prazipro or Melafix ? I am afraid there should be something I should be doing to hopefully prevent the other Koi from getting whatever it is, if its not an injury. I did a water check also and everything seems fine except the KH. It was very low and I added baking soda yesterday and will check water again today. So again, should I add Prazipro or Melafix?

Ask a Question