One alligator + a little....”make-up”

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Recently got another alligator for the pond. I’m sorry, but even with those bright, white teeth.......just not intimidating enough. A little paint really makes him POP! Now, whether he’s any more intimidating to the GBH’s, well, who can say — but I think he looks pretty mean! Very JURASSIC PARK!

(I have 2 older, different style & material gators that were just refurbished, but I like how this guy floats — the older ones have gotten waterlogged)

Before on top. After on bottom.
69FBB293-B111-455F-A59D-6853FB86D1AA.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Recently got another alligator for the pond. I’m sorry, but even with those bright, white teeth.......just not intimidating enough. A little paint really makes him POP! Now, whether he’s any more intimidating to the GBH’s, well, who can say — but I think he looks pretty mean! Very JURASSIC PARK!

(I have 2 older, different style & material gators that were just refurbished, but I like how this guy floats — the older ones have gotten waterlogged)

Before on top. After on bottom.
View attachment 112457
Huuum, well as a nurse I must say that a gator with good dental hygiene is less intimidating. Much less risk of infection from those pearly whites. He is very photogenic I will give you that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Looks great!

If herons are at all smart as egrets....it won't work.

Years ago I lived in the sticks, and had a 500 gallon natural pond. One particular egret was always trying to get close enough to steal some fish.

I had buried an "invisible fence" wire to keep my dog on the property. That egret figured out where that border was, and would just sit on the outside, staring at my pond,while my dog was a few feet away, barking and snarling.
It was a sight to see. Very very smart birds.

Ask a Question