One Eye'd Jacks - I mean koi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!! I'm back from my vacay. We had a blast in SC and NC - love love love!!! Awesome for kids, so much to do. One of their favorite things to do was to find a stream or river and play in that.

Today I got a break from the munchkins and decided to head to the pet store to see what was new and neat. They got in a few new koi's. As I was looking at them one swam by missing an EYE! Ewww - WT ..... then another swims by missing an eye! All in all 5 five koi's were missing eyes. I asked the guy what happened, he said someone put a fish that shouldn't have been in with the koi (he said the name but I forgot it) and the fish ATE the koi eyes!!!! WT ....... I asked him what was going to happen to them, he said he was going to throw them in a friends pond. Of course I saw an opportunity - I said if I buy a fish will you give a couple of the one eyes? So he did. I now have 2 one eyed fish for the pond! Yah me!!!

The fish I bought is round 3 of a black and white butterfly (round three because of that stinking green heron!). Hopefully this guy makes it. I have up some netting. I've been lazy and didn't order the netting for the pond yet, since I didn't have any new fish and the old fish stay in the deep end.

Kind of weird, but I felt bad for them. I hope they will fit in with the crew. Right now they are in hiding.

Oh before I forget, their names are One Eye Willie and Capt Hook. LOL!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, There is nothing wrong with a one eyed fish! I have a big telescope eyed goldfish who is missing an eye and I used to have a betta that was missing an eye (both were injured prior to me having them) I call the goldfish Pandora and the betta I named One Eyed Jack :D

By the way, Welcome home :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you and the kids had a fun time on your trip. Good for you taking in the poor fishies w/ the missing eyes. Hope they live long and prosper in your pond

Ask a Question