One fish, two fish, pond fish

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone,

I was just wondering how long will it take to see the new fish that I just put in my pond. I have an 80 gallon pond with two black moors that I just put in there. I wanted small goldfish so I went with those for now. I fed them just 4 pellets to see if they'd surface, but, no they haven't. Do you think I will ever see them, or is there some way to make sure they are not dead. The pond is dogbone shaped with a bare bottom. Thoughts?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They can hide for a week or more. Give them time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the group from a very sunny Plymouth UK:happy:
In July of last year we bought a new Asagi [koi] and it wasnt until this summer the little guy made a major appearance at the dinner table on the surface with the other koi .
Much to say he's matured a bit since then so we were pleasantly supprised when he did come up to eat

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Welcome @Tetra1 ! Yep, shy at first, but given time and patience they will eventually come to recognize you as "food distributor," and will be greeting you eagerly I bet!

Ask a Question