One of our members will be missed

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I just found out one of our members here PondmaninAL, Scott passed away last month. Scott wasn't active here and joined and viewed only, I checked and never posted or at least didn't after the swap over. Anyway This is the message I just read. I had many neat chats with Scott over the last year and would like to take a moment of silence to fairwell a fellow ponder and friend. RIP Scott, you will be missed by many. This is from another forum and a month old. Scott passed away Sept, 9th.

Dear Ponders

Firstly I will introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I am Scott's wife.

I am writing this post to inform Scott's many friends here that, sadly and tragically, Scott passed away earlier today.

He took ill early this afternoon and was rushed to the emergency hospital, where, after several frantic attempts to save his life with CPR and oxygen induction, he died approximately one hour later.
The actual cause of death is still undetermined, but his oxygen levels were dangerously low when he arrived at the hospital and never recovered to a sustainable level.
I went to the hospital with him, and was with him at the exact point the doctors made the decision that no audible or visual lifesigns were present, and he was pronounced dead.
They will be performing an autopsy, so at this time, I do not have any details of when or where the services will be.

It is tearing me apart as I write this, but you all were his friends, and ponding was his life's passion. I know he would have wanted you all to know what happened instead of thinking he had just disappeared. He spent many, many hours here, night after night, so he could share his love and passion for ponds with everyone here. Please hold him in your prayers and memory that his legacy will remain.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. May he rest in peace.

Sara Lou
I love you Scott.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I knew him when I was a member in another forum. He was a nice guy and will surely be missed. I pray his family finds peace in his passing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Life is so short and so unpredictable, enjoy every second you are here.

Rest in peace Scott.

Ask a Question