One pond goldfish swimming on its side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice pks one of my pond goldfish is swimming on its side only for a second or 2 I’ve quarantined it and googled the problem they say it’s bladder disease and quarantine it don’t feed it for 3 or 4 days then try it on a pea it seems to be ok it’s only been 1 day any advice pls on wot I should look for I haven’t seen any white poo although yesterday I thought I saw a bit of green or dark poo any advice would be appreciated I’ve just seen sum really thin white poo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Boiled and De-Shelled peas are going to be your best bet at this point. Here is a good video describing the process of preparing them:

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Yeh thankyou that’s wot I’ve seen it was after 3 or 4 days just wanted to ask on here for anybodys advice
It is also important to make sure your water quality is pristine, as that will give the fish the best chances of healing. Do you have the ability to do water tests?

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Wot do u recommend I get to do them myself I’ve never done them b4 I’ve always took them to my local garden centre also I have 9 fish the others are all ok
I would reccomend an api master freshwater kit. ( the pond kit exclude nitrate so I would stick to the freshwater ) They are about $30 which is more than reasonable for a quality test kit that will last for a year or more.

Ask a Question