j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And we are going to be stuck w/ it till Xfinity if we don't destroy it before it spreads!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You must be special then koiguy cuz they send us bad quality stuff all the time. I don't know how many of those stupid HD boxes we have had to replace and now we have a problem w/ the tiny boxes. They sent one to replace one that went bad w/ another one that the electrical input post won't fit in but only half way! Then they say they won't bill you for them and they do and then you have to sit on the phone w/ them while they fix all the billing mistakes they charge you for. My neighbor is going through the same things w/ them. They wanted to replace one box and they received the box but then they were sent another one which they had to return and when they got their bill they were charged for 3 new ones! Now they have to do the phone thing and see if it gets corrected right or not. On and on it goes! When it all works tho it works good but I also don't like how they tell you you can record 2 shows at once w/ their dvr and you can really only do that when you are not watching tv and have one channel set on the channel you want to record which means you can't turn the channel to watch something else. We are on contract for 2 yrs w/ them and might have to change companies then.

Reaction score
We blow through DVRs about every 6-8 months ... the one in the family room likes to randomly freeze out ... go to pause and it wont ... unplug, plug back in, will work for a couple of months, then it freezes forever to one channel... one moron told us to put it on a surge protector ... We have a WHOLE HOUSE surge protector ... hubby and son made sure of that when we built the house

Reaction score
If you go to the phone bundle WATCH YOUR BILL!!!! I just (last month) got DOUBLE BILLED, and they will NOT credit my account. My billing cycle starts on the 8th of the month ... so on the 8th, got charge for the new month ... then on the 14th, I changed to the bundle, even tho I didnt want the phone, as I would get more channels, for less money (for the next year) ... well, on the 14th, I got changed for the month (less 6 days) for the NEW service. If I am not explaining this well, for the same month, I am getting billed TWICE ... first for $176 (the old amount for services), then ANOTHER $136 (the new amount for services).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep the DVR HD boxes are what we have too Cape and they were not nice to us! Finally they told us we needed to stop using an HDMI cable and that we should use an RCA analog one. Course it was only after they came out several times to replace several boxes that the last guy finally told us the cable to use. Said HDMI cables cause too many problems for too many people depending on your specific tv set. So far that has fixed the DVR box problems and we don't see any difference in quality of picture. We will see if it lasts.

Reaction score
We have the HDMI cable in the familyroom, but didnt in the bedroom ... both had the same issues. Although I finally got rid of the DVR in the bedroom as it didnt get used much, now just have a basic converter box in there, and other than slow (with new batteries in the remote), it works ...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have the bundle also and each year we were told to call so we could have the new higher price that comes in to effect each year changed to a new bargain amount. Worked for a few yrs doing that but then the last time they said we could not get the price down unless we agreed to a 2 yr contract. The 2nd yr it does go up $10. but after the 2 yrs they said we can check to see if any bargains available again. Have never been double billed for the bundle but they do charge you in advance so it looked like double bill but then it evened out after the 3rd month........still had to have some amts removed as they screw up whenever possible. Drives me nuts to have to deal w/ them all the time on the mistakes. Afraid now to see what will happen w/ this new little box we just got w/ the problem. Think I will first send back the old one that we have to send back first and then wait till that bill comes in and then complain about the new one they just sent to replace that old one where the prong doesn't fit right in the dc jack. Baby steps w/ them. So far I haven't got someone that speaks a foreign tongue that I can't understand!

Reaction score
It is definately a double bill here. I have a checking account that I use for online purchases and automatic payments. Have paid cable by autopayments since day 1 of this account. Last bill was $176, new bill was for $285 ... they did give me a 6 day credit for the new services, but otherwise charged us for BOTH services for the same month.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
wow... we only have one dvr box and i never use it. but havent heard any complaints on it. and the little basic converters, the plugs dont seem to go in all the way. but once theyre plugged in theres no reason to ever mess with them. i put a drop of hot glue on a coupole of the plug connections on those when the twin boys lived here cuz they kept pulliin them out. use the velcro strips and fasten the box to the back of the t.v. i used zip ties thru the vent slots to anchor mine. but honestly, there was a while there when we had a rash of problems a couple years back.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My neighbors new little teensy tiny box plug fits it nice and tight and when I called and talked to a tech at Comcast they said it should fit in all the way and not be loose like ours is. It does work fine so I will wait to see if I will replace it or not as it does not need to be moved and is in a safe spot away from visiting kiddo's. I hate to create a whole new billing fiasco by throwing this problem in their faces too soon so I will wait.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
J.W.. you can call anytime and on the menu hit the number (5) for canceling service...this will connect you with customer retention. tell them your thinking of leaving...they will offer deals to you. i do this atleast every year.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have just comcast internet, only choice out here, It works fine, dtv for the tv, majic jack for the phone. Pretty cheap for all we get.

We do have those little conversion boxes in florida, spent hours at their store trying to straighten that out, at this moment now working

Reaction score
I will go with what EH said and can I add another word even though it was one word? The first word that came into my mind was what EH said, but I wasn't so sure that could be said, so my second word is 'Narcissists'. I work for a narcissist and I will tell you, they are the most difficult people.

We have 3 DVRs - no problems with any of them, but then I am not through Comcast either, nor do we bundle. We used to bundle but it was a disaster when we decided to get rid of the landline and thus had to unbundle. Apparently one of the companies that was in the bundling was billing a month ahead and the other 2 were billing on a current months' usage. What a mess.

Ask a Question