Online aquatic plants

Reaction score
Does anyone have website to recommend to purchase pond plants.

I have had a couple of bad ones.

I need plants terribly so if I could make 1 nice purchase (I might save a buck or two on shipping)

Also, I live in Alabama so I can't have the majority of the floating pond plants that do the best filtration. Does anyone have another recommendation - other than lilies.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
koikeepr said:
Lowes and Home Depot sells pond plants these days. They sell cattail, hardy lily, rush and a few others.

The only problem with Lowes and Home depot is if you wait to long and buy one of their boxed pond plants after they have set on the shelf to long, they don't produce. Learned that from experience.

I've had some good lilies from Tricker.com

Happy ponding,

Reaction score
Trickers is definately a good place. Lucky for me they are just a 20 minute drive away. I've never had a problem with anything iv'e bought from there.

Reaction score
wow - thanks a bunch! I have an order planced at Trickers. I need alot more plants than surface coverage.
thanks everyone for the advice.

Reaction score
oldmarine said:
The only problem with Lowes and Home depot is if you wait to long and buy one of their boxed pond plants after they have set on the shelf to long, they don't produce. Learned that from experience.

I've had some good lilies from Tricker.com

Happy ponding,

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. The lily I got from lowes was a very bad grower and and never bloomed :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was lucky and got to Lowes the day they got their pond plants in. I got a couple of plants for my bog. The last 2 years I have gotten an umbrella palm or dwarf papayrus from them. Tiny when I got them 4-6" but by late summer these things grew to 3-4'! Its a shame I can't get them to winter over.

Reaction score
I bought a red lily from Lowe's this spring, I figured $10 wouldn't break me. Here is a photo of my first bloom. I'm quite pleased, it bloomed before my other lilies.

View attachment 3259

Attachments

• HPIM0400.jpg
    HPIM0400.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 287
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Some garden nurseries sell pond plants. We have one here that does. By the time I got there to get them, they were looking pretty sad and were 25% off. After a few days in the pond, they have perked up and are looking good.

Ask a Question