Online pond plant stores for New England states (or that can ship to VT)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Can you guys give me some recommendations of good online pond plant suppliers (ones that send the correct plants and that do not have invasive piggybackers included) that will ship to Vermont, USA? I do not have a car so I cannot go to local suppliers (and there are none close to me anyway). I'm looking for small things for a 60 gallon preformed pond. Things like Nymphoides cordata (floating-heart), Brasenia schreberi (water-shield), Spirodela polyrhiza (duck-meal); small flowering bog plants like Gratiola aurea (golden hedge-hyssop), Hypericum boreale (northern St. John's-wort) irises; or smaller floaters for shallow small water. I don't want to go with a online store with known problems and bring in some nasty algae or parasite problem. I'm looking for links to dependable/trustworthy online stores that ship plants in the mail, like pondplantsonline.com (has anyone used them? do you know of another similar store?). I'd love to find one that specializes in native New England species.

I also need advice on how to treat newly acquired plants to reduce risk. Is there a secret dipping sauce and process you use that has protected your pond from disaster? Teach me your secrets!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GARDEN STATE KOI IN UPPER NY
DEXTERS ALSOIN NY

ONLINE i have never been happy with one yet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I haven't had good luck with online plant buying of any kind quite honestly. What about local ponders? Try posting to craigslist or Facebook marketplace that you are looking for pond plants - lots of folks are willing to share. Maybe you'll find some local pond people right around the corner! You may not be able to get the specific plants you're interested in though, so in that case you may want to take your chances online. The online store will let you know what can and cannot be shipped to your area by law. I would just look for one that has a good return policy and good customer reviews.

I know people worry about contamination from pond plants, but I'm pretty much a "rinse it off and put it in the pond" kind of gardener. I did dig some stuff up locally that I put in a bucket for a week or so to make sure there were no surprises, but other than that I don't worry about it a whole lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've had decent luck with both Dragonfly Aquatics and Pond Megastore. Plants are a bit small, but I've always gotten healthy specimens & as we all know, pond plants do GROW!

Ask a Question