Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome!
flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

Go to the construction threads and the photo section. Lots to see and read there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
ahah, thanks, established picturesque ponds are something I hope to find!

Regards, andy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you show some interesting flowers on the 2 sights you posted up there adavisus are you considering using them or are you using some and what luck have you had with them .I live 15 minutes from NC and there is a great koi farm there on hwy. 14 in Riedsville

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I find a whole lot of pics of established ponds on you tube it can be interesting to see them again on there after 5 or 6 years and what people say about plants and mistakes they have made .Not all have that but so far have seen 4 of them that did that and was amazed at the changes .There are a few thousand of them ,I think I have looked at over 600

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi Sissy,
I've been tinkering with waterlilies a whiles, after a couple of years of drought knocking things about, there might be a few on the wishlist its about time I got round to trying to replace a gap or two

The hardy waterlilies do well, though the remorseless grind of freeze and thaw destroyed a couple on ponds being renovated in last Decembers unusual early hard freeze,

The tropical waterlilies kinda sorta cope well though they can be more fickle than the hardies in the volatile climate here. Winter freezes are touch and go for some tubers, excessive heat in Summer can bump off others

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://swglist.wordpress.com/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well here this winter I put mine in a barrel in the basement and lucky I did because it really was a bad winter here .I brought them out 5 weeks ago but have left them in the barrel as I have koi and they destroy them and tried one last week in the pond and they ate the leaves right off it .Had to take it out .I still have my old preformed pond and I am in the process of putting that back in the ground ,but not enough hours in the day .I just bought another house that has a pond and I'm trying to clean that out .Yesterday we took out 6 goldies so there are still fish in it after 2 years or so of neglect and not sure how many more may be in there .We had to clear a way to the pond first

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
-DelightfulFrogwelcome.jpg
Andy
Nice to see you here. You have such lovely lilies and I've seen many of them before.
Remember me...................jw :lol:
Hey everyone Andy has lots of wonderful plants and he knows how to grow them very well :bowdown:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Andy you should post photo's of your ponds as I'm sure everyone would love to see them :bowdown:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Post some pictures adavisus of your pond, those lily pictures are beautiful.

I put some lilies I was given last year into my pond, but it got too cold before they really grew. Waiting to see what blooms I get. They just started growing leaves, so at least survived the 8 inches of ice I had covering the pond over winter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
would love to have water lillies like that but can see them in others pond and appreciate them .Koi are very destructive creatures .Friendly ,love attention but destructive and don't think twice about what they do bad or good

Ask a Question