Opinions and reviews of Laguna's Clear-Flo 3200 with UV

Reaction score
Looking for reviews or opinion of anyone on this forum that is using the above mentioned filter kit with included pump.

Much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Reaction score
It is what it is. Laguna is a fine manufacturer so if you want a combo filter I think it's a fine choice.

My opinion of this entire class of filter however is very low. I consider them to be worthless. But that's just me. These are designed to be sold into the mass market to people who want simple. And that's completely valid imo. Functional is a different matter.

Pressurized sounds good, but is actually a short cut in filters. You pay more money to run the pump with a pressurized filter to move the same amount of water. The advantage is the poorer filter design can go a little longer before needing to be cleaned. Many people have no problem at all with spending a little more for power so this isn't an issue for most people.

Backwashing sounds great, super easy. Dirty water does indeed come out and if that's the goal, to see dirty water come out, then super. But if you open the filter and look instead you'll find a lot of crap still inside. Maybe not the first week, but over time. Backwashing is a difficult process even in high end filters.

Static submerge media is pretty poor at bio conversion. A high O2 filter like a Trickle Tower is about 30 times better at bio conversion, costs $0-40 and can be built in the time it takes to buy and set up a combo filter.

Ask a Question